PDA

View Full Version : how long do i have to keep attendance register

lou lou
18-08-2011, 12:53 PM
i have a seperate attendance register for each child and next week have two leaving and new ones to start in september my question is how long do i have to keep the mindess that are leaving attendence register or can i throw them away i am due ofsted any day now so would they want to see mindees previous attendence register or will they only want to see who i have then hope this makes sense just did not know if i could just throw them away as they will no longer be here and would like to get rid of some paperwork thanks

AliceK
18-08-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think you will have to keep this along with all the other details / paperwork for the child. I have kept mine for leavers and put it all in 1 file for each child. Don't we have to keep all this for 21yrs??

xxxx

Greengrass74
18-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I am almost sure they have to be kept for 21 years

rickysmiths
18-08-2011, 01:31 PM
It is advisable to keep it with the childs contract etc any accident/incident records because it is a record, signed by the parents, of exactly the times the child was in your care.

Your keep the records until the child is 21yrs old plus 3-6mths. This is because the child has the right once they reach the age of 18yrs to make a claim against you in their own right and they have 3 years to lodge a claim.

schofield8883
18-08-2011, 06:14 PM
:eeeek: thats a lot of paperwork to keep for 21 year lol might have to start buiding a extention for paperwork at this rate:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

rickysmiths
18-08-2011, 11:34 PM
:eeeek: thats a lot of paperwork to keep for 21 year lol might have to start buiding a extention for paperwork at this rate:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

No you keep it until the CHILD is 21yrs old. Not FOR 21yrs!!!

I don't understand the fuss about this.

I have been childminding for 17yrs now, I have lost count of the number of children I have cared for. I have one small box with the attenadance registers and about 4 Accident books in and a large file with contracts.

I then have another small box with my accounts for the last 6 years in.