PDA

View Full Version : eyfs and learning journal

suzy:-)
18-08-2011, 11:09 AM
as this has popped up this morning was just wondering how you all do the dreaded paperwork!!

if i take photo's ,get them printed ,stick them into x's folder and write a bit about what X has been doing and the next stage of learning along with pictures and any painting they may have done :)

does this sound about right to you???? and it this enough ????

x x s x x

karensmart4
18-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Yes that sounds about right, don't forget to link to an area or 2 of learning as well.

For example; A photo of a child sreading their own topping onto a piece of toast.....

"A enjoyed spreading her own butter onto her toast at snack-time"

Links to: PSED, Self confidence & Self Esteem... 30-50mths
CLL, Handwriting.... 30-50mths
PD, Using Equipment and Materials... 30 - 50mths

Next steps: continue with building on skills for independance.

Hope that helps, we all do the ljs in our own way, there is no set way of putting them together and although it is a bit trial and error, find what works for you and the amount of time you have :)

suzy:-)
18-08-2011, 12:16 PM
yea it does help thankyou

why do we have to do so much :panic:

im trying to put together a parent pack , then make a copy of all my policies and procedures to give them , the concent forms , contracts and child record forms , can u think of anything else ?

and then eyfs / learning journal-- followed by my accounts

phewwwwww
:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Optimalstar
18-08-2011, 12:36 PM
As a parent I wouldn't want a copy of all the policies and procedures so I'm not giving parents copies unless requested.

They will be shown a full copy(on visits and again upon signing a contract) and be expected to be familiar with what's in them - as they're required to sign to say they've read them. I've wrote in my parents info that they are all freely accessible and a full copy is available upon request - I'll have a spare copy to give and then just photocopy a new set.

I've given a very brief overview of the EYFS in my info pack and how I meet each area of learning. I haven't yet but I will add into the parent pack where they can find more info on the EYFS if they are interested but my experience of showing parents around a private nursery was that they didn't want to know more than a brief overview and how as a nursery the requirements were met. Such as what play opportunities a child would have, what information would be shared with them and others, how certain behaviours (of their child and others) would be addressed, what happens in an accident, info on meal times and toileting etc.

karensmart4
18-08-2011, 12:51 PM
I know its a lot isn't it... whoever says a cm has it easy needs to give it a try they'll soon change their mind :laughing:

What I would say is, give prospective parents a leaflet/booklet/intro letter to let them know about you, your setting and your general info etc. BUT don't give them anything else until they are serious about taking up a place.

Let them have a look through and a chat about policies etc while visiting, but hang on to the paperwork until they are about to sign up.

Then give them copies of the statuary policies plus a couple more that you feel are important. You should give them a copy of your Ofsted inspection and a Scale of your charges.... hourly rate, holiday rates, food etc. I do this so that they have it in black and white as well as it being part of their contract, and an 'All About Me' book/record sheet.
I give them Child record forms and Consent forms to take away if they don't have time to fill them in with you, but you must complete the contract together.

Once the child has started you need, Ljs and ask parents if they want daily diaries...some do, others don't bother.

Then all you need are Medication forms, incident/accident forms, daily register, existing injuries forms.

Ummm can't think of anything else at the mo, but I'm sure I've missed some :rolleyes:

Risk Assesments....... how could I have forgotten them :panic: