PDA

View Full Version : DHC Unit 2

NicoleW
17-08-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm still doing mine grr!

I'm starting my Level 3 Children and Young people workforce or something lioke that I can't remmeber the name.

Anyway I'm stuck on A and B.

B.) Analyse the role of the practioner in promoting childrens rights
A) Evaluate the impact of recent and relevent research on childrens rights in relation to practice.

For A.) I was thinking of talking about the new Equality Act 2010 as that's stil fairly new but completely stuck on how to go about writing it all down on paper.

For B I have quoted the UNCRC about how every child has the right to play and I extended to say that all children are given choices had time to play and how their rights to acheieve and ennjoy were enabled by me meeting childrens needs and I gave an example of when I took my daughter to a soft play area with the other children and she can't stand at 15 months old so she couldn't really join in but I still took her in and did physio exercises with her so she could still enjoy the experience regardless of being unable to stand or climb over anything. I've put a bit about how I involve parents by providing a daily diary asking them for feedback and behaviour at home and if they have developed any new interests at home that I can do in my setting .

I only have about two paragraphs for B and I need to write more. These are my last two questions and I think I'm going to cry I hate this unit to be honest. It's just too... technical for me. I understand I have to learn it but it doesn't excite me and I'm finding it so much more of a chore than I did with my other units.

marleymoo
27-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Now, i'm no expert but for (a) consider some or all of these:
1. The needs, rights and views of the child are at the centre of all
practice and provision.
2. Individuality, difference and diversity are valued and celebrated.
3. Equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice are actively
promoted.
4. Children’s health and well-being are actively promoted.
5. Children’s personal and physical safety is safeguarded, whilst
allowing for risk and challenge as appropriate to the capabilities of
the child.
6. Self-esteem, resilience and a positive self-image are recognised as
essential to every child’s development.
7. Confidentiality and agreements about confidential information are
respected as appropriate unless a child’s protection and well-being
are at stake.
8. Professional knowledge, skills and values are shared appropriately in
order to enrich the experience of children more widely.
9. Best practice requires reflection and a continuous search for
improvement.
It's about being inclusive really so make so you have an inclusion policy and/or equal opps pol and make sure you update it with a ref to the Equality Act 2010.
for (b) that's where I, personally, would mention UNCRC and UNICEF.