PDA

View Full Version : pre reg

Loz74
17-08-2011, 07:45 PM
hi i am having my pre veg visit on tuesday and thought i would just ask all u that have been thought it what sort of things she will ask me
thank u :cool:

*daisychain*
17-08-2011, 08:37 PM
snap ! Mrs O is coming at 10am !! Good Luck :)

Loz74
17-08-2011, 09:24 PM
snap ! Mrs O is coming at 10am !! Good Luck :)

and you let me no how u get on :clapping:

*daisychain*
17-08-2011, 09:28 PM
we will impress the socks off them I'm sure :thumbsup:

Mrs Dolphin
18-08-2011, 09:46 AM
We just chatted really. She wanted to know I knew all about safegaurding and how to report a suspected incident. How to extend a childs learning and about equal opportunities and diversity. But it wasn't like she was asking me questions we just chatted and these things came up and then she would say she was glad I was aware of these things. She actually told me these things were important when she phoned me to make the appointment. Good luck, hope it goes well. xx

Optimalstar
18-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Likewise we chatted whilst she filled things in on her laptop. Her focus seemed to be a child's emotional wellbeing, about creating a welcoming environment and settling unsettled ones. That and children's learning - how to engage children of different ages and stages of development and observation.

She wasn't over the top on safety but then I had done my safeguarding policy and a few others and all my risk assessments were done. I gave them to her to look at whilst I made coffee so maybes she felt I had that area covered ;)

Sam x

www.samanthachildminder.co.uk

xgemx
18-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Mine literally went through the questions one by one from the preparing for your visit book, reading them from her laptop and waiting for the answer the only question i dont think she asked was about the difference in the registers, when she phoned she asked me to make sure i had risk assesements done on my home and garden, she was really nice though and helpful

good luck let us know how you get on

Loz74
18-08-2011, 06:17 PM
thank you all

*daisychain*
23-08-2011, 04:57 PM
apart from her arriving half an hour late :angry: all went fab! She was really friendly and it was more like an informal chat than probing questions like I'd imagined. She stayed for an hour and half, was really positive about everything. Should get my certificate next week as they are not too busy with schools being off.
:clapping:

mrs_scottydog
23-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Excellent! I think everyone is more worried than they need to be about the pre reg visit, but I was just the same and wondered why I was so worried by the end afterall they are there to help you! Hope your certificate arrives soon. :) Hx