PDA

View Full Version : Leaflet

Tealady
17-08-2011, 05:16 PM
I want to put together a promotional/advertising leaflet together about my service.

I would like to include pictures of children doing various things and enjoying themselves in my setting. However, all parents apart from one whose son is 7½ have denied me permission to do this.

Would it be OK just to use pictures of my own children or when the parent's come and visit and recognise them would it look a bit odd?

blue bear
17-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Mine only has my children in, bit out of date now ( youngest is 14)
No one has ever said anything

MAWI
17-08-2011, 05:27 PM
That is a real shame that parents wont give you permission. I have used minded children in mine and even though I have parents permission, I have still used pictures that obscure their face ( Hats on, so cant see their face)just random lucky pictures I had.

Maybe you could take pictures of them doing an activity, but only of their hands/arms if that makes sense, you can still portray a good sense of play. ( Hope that makes sense)

Do the parents have a problem with the children being recognised?? If so you could talk to them about using the photos but no faces would be in the shot. ( you can crop/edit to make them suitable)

Otherwise, I cannot see why you couldnt use your pics of your own children.

Or, do you have other features you could advertise such as A brilliant playsystem or Playroom, Garden feature or something that would sell/promote your setting without using childrens faces

Good Luck:)

miffy
17-08-2011, 05:52 PM
I would use pictures of your own children or those that show activities you do.

Miffy xx

ChocolateChip
17-08-2011, 06:10 PM
I have just used pics of my own children doing a range of activities, craft, in the garden and running about in the woods! :)

Tealady
19-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks for your replies. Think I will just use my children, although I have a friend who might let me borrow her's.

I can't use my current mindee as the issue is a privisy / identity issue and he has very distinctive hair so even if he was obscured you could tell it was him.