hi
just a query
i have a child starting in september and mum does different shifts
one week will be 10 hours and then the next week will be 20 hours and so on

would like advice on how to charge i.e
pay week by week as she uses me
average it out so that its 15 hours per week
or say 60 hours per month

she needs me all year round , but was concerned if one week she was on holiday it could fall on a 20 hour week or still a 10 hour week
hope i make sence lol want to discuss it with her once i know myself that its fair
thanx in advance x

handeme
17-08-2011, 12:23 PM
I would be tempted to work out the full years cost and divide it by 12 months (minus any holidays that you take).

You know what you are getting every month and she knows whats shes paying.

C x

suzy:-)
17-08-2011, 12:54 PM
mmmm yeah thats another thought !! thanks

i know she gets paid monthly so monthly might be good for us both, it would be fair tho wouldn't it ?

i currently have just 1 weeks holiday booked and thats 12 months away hopefully some more opinions will be along :)
x x

jane5
17-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I have shift workers and I am in the same position where as 1 week is more hours than the other and I charge a weekly or monthly fee..

I charge full fees if the child is on holiday and no charge if I am on holiday.

I book my holidays when it coincides with my husbands and what the prices are for the weeks we want to book our holiday. What ever week that falls on with regard to how many hours the child does is not thought about at the time and if I took 4 weeks that were on the childs longer weeks I could always offer some money back.