PDA

View Full Version : Nits..the little blighters

JCrakers
17-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Had a phonecall last night to say one of my mindees has nits. Parent was pleased to hear that I would still allow him to come.

Ive told everyone and checked my own two children but as soon as he mentioned the words on the phone I started itching all over and havent stopped...lol

The child is 7yrs and I havent had head contact with him so Im alright.... but they just make me itch at the thought :laughing:
Becky x

helengreen13
17-08-2011, 09:20 AM
I had the same last week. When I found out one of my mindees had them I phoned around and told all other mindees mums/dads and to have their little ones checked. Everyone who had them has been treated apart from the original mindee. The mum told me that it was too expensive to treat, after a trip to the chemist and washing it regularly would get rid of them. I have picked her up a "full marks" leaflet which explains all the ins and outs, I have also lent her my spare nit comb to use (i think she wants me to treat her son as she knows that I have bought the Full Marks Mousse before to treat mine).

Surly this is not part of my duties, but I really dont want my three infected again - they had it about 6 months ago when it was going round the schools and i regularly use conditioner and my nitty gritty comb on them twice a week, just to make sure they dont get it again - also use the nitty gritty repellant.

jayjay1963
17-08-2011, 09:36 AM
If the Mum is really that hard up then tell her to go see her doctor and get something on prescription (usually Derbac), then it will cost her nothing for her LO. Good idea getting her the leaflet tho!

Jacqui