PDA

View Full Version : All about me ebook for parents/children and also CYPOP5

time_4_change
16-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Hi

Hope everyone is well?

Ok ... I was wondering where you all got (if you use) your ''all about me'' book for the children/parents to fill in? I have looked online but can not seem to find any I like, or maybe I am not looking hard enough :blush:

Also ... i keep noticing people mentioning a CYPOP5 course, what is this? Is it the 5 courses you are required to do to become a cm?

Thanks in advance :)

Leanne

katie78
16-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Im doing the cypop 5 course at the mo, its a homebased childminders course that you have to complete within 6 months of becoming a cm ( or thats what my area says anway, others may be different im not sure ). It has 9 different tasks (assignments) in it, lots of people will help you do it on here, i have had loads of help, this site is just brill :-)

I will attatch an all about me (it is the one my old nursery use, i based mine loosely on it but its saved on the pc and im on the laptop sorry ) and you can see what you think, you have to just figure out what things you think you will know but if you join the NCMA in the toolkit you get an all about me form to fill out anyway !

Hope that helps a bit

Katie :D

time_4_change
16-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks for your reply Katie, what area are you? I am a bit confused as I have attended 5 workshops and I thought thats what I had to complete to become a CM (the workshops were: a unique child, positive relationships, enabling environments, l and d and safeguarding - 15hrs ish in total)

I didn't realise there was a CYPOP too - more :panic: (i don't mind but its just more cost :( )

Thanks for the attachment, I will take a look

I love this site - not even registered yet and I have had lots of help

x

katie78
16-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Im in staffordshire, i havent been to any workshops as i couldnt get any childcare for my two daughters but your county council should help you, have you got a good early years officer ?? They sould know everything and be able to point you in the right direction !

The all about me form is my old work places so if you do use any of it please use your discretion please as they are still my friends that im in contact with !

I love this site too, it has helped me so much and i havent even got my first mindees yet !!

Katie

time_4_change
16-08-2011, 09:55 PM
ahhh I am now wondering if the CYPOP5 you are doing is the workshops that I did? Ive got a certificate saying I attended them and naming each course, I will double check though. When the women from the lancashire council came to do a pre-reg (help visit) she never mentioned me doing another course. anyhow no point me getting worked up, Ive done far too much to let a course put me off ;)

I was planning on doing a level 3 NVQ anyway :)

I will use that form has a guide only and create my own, I won't pass it on :)

I am feeling all nervous, my CRB came back clear so now waiting for the call from Ofsted about my reg visit

x