PDA

View Full Version : tesco are wrong (an long moan)

foxy lady
16-08-2011, 05:26 PM
sometimes i wonder if being a childminder makes you cover concerned about things.
i had my tesco order delivered on sunday and on monday morning i started to make the other halfs sandwiches for work, i got a pot of egg and bacon sandwich filler out of the fridge and started putting it in when i noticed it had sweetcorn in as we have had this many times i know it dosnt have sweetcorn in so i took a taste, it wasnt egg and bacon it was tuna and sweetcorn. it was clearly labb1led as egg and bacon. anyway put that in the bin as he dosnt like tuna and made something else. my problem with this is not that it was wrong and that we didnt like it but that i have a child who is very allergic to any kind of fish and tuna is the worst if she eats fish she needs to go to hospiltal so we dont even have fish in the house.
i called tesco to tell them and they really didnt seem concerned at all i asked for it to be put up to head office and she said it would be and somebody would be in touch very soon, anyway i hadnt heard a thing so i called them back a few minutes ago and told them what i thought of them i am now waitng for a call from head office.if my pot was wrongly labbled then there are most likely to be a whole batch that are wrong and my little one cant be the only one who is allergic to fish surley they will be liable if someone eats it and get ill???????

BuggsieMoo
16-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Its a shame you didnt keep the pot as then you could have returned it to any store with your delivery slip and they would have done something about it. x

Agree with you though that that is awful. I also have one allergic to fish so agree that this was a potentially awful thing to happen x

foxy lady
16-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Its a shame you didnt keep the pot as then you could have returned it to any store with your delivery slip and they would have done something about it. x

Agree with you though that that is awful. I also have one allergic to fish so agree that this was a potentially awful thing to happen x

ive still got the pot and i thougt they might want to see it

blue bear
16-08-2011, 07:21 PM
A newspaper would have a field day with this story.

lulubelle
18-08-2011, 12:45 PM
sounds awful but almost a shame lo didnt get ill, bet they would of acted faster if someone was threatening to sue!!!

miffy
18-08-2011, 01:02 PM
That's very poor! Have tesco come back to you yet?

If not then I'd e-mail the ceo (philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com) - I think you will get it sorted then.

Miffy xx

foxy lady
18-08-2011, 01:22 PM
no still not got back to me.really bad customer service i think

angeldelight
20-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Any news?

Tesco took almost £300 from me a few years ago for shopping that I did not have ha ha

It took them 8 weeks to sort out and give me back my OWN MONEY

So I cant see them rushing here

Angel xx

stardust
20-08-2011, 10:15 AM
contact the ceo as miffy has suggested, in your e-mail tell him you have waited x weeks for a reply, when you phoned you didn't get the answer you expected and that you are full prepared to write to you local news paper as this is unexceptionable. I would also state you have a child who has a severe allergy to tuna and that they are very lucky you happened to check otherwise they would be facing a law suit. they have x amount of days otherwise not only will you contact your local paper you will also contact the food standards agency as this mess needs to be rectified before someone with a severe allergy becomes ill because of their lack of care.

I will pretty much gaurentee you will get an email within days as the food standards agency can investigate and shut them down until all their stock has been checked and this will cost them millions.

Best of luck xx

khlwomitchell
20-08-2011, 02:28 PM
email too, then you have evidance. best thing to know it what is a satisfactory outcome for you? Money back, no problem, but a recall? may take a bit longer and then there are probably 25 people who need to okay that. If its not money than yes, Trading standards as it is mislabelling, misrepresentation and all supermarkets HAVE to have allergy advie and ingredients on show. They'll kick them up the bottom.
Good luck xx