PDA

View Full Version : Nappies for my LO

Emily'bubbles
16-08-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't know if i've put this in the right place but just wanted some advice lol. I was just wondering what nappies any recommend using my LO is 20 months old, and I was using Huggies size 5 but they kept drooping, leaking, falling off! I remember have the same problem with my 4 Year old when she wore that size! Itknow its because shes so active and she does drink alot lol. Ive just swapped to Tescos own brand as thats what I done with My 4 year old but they seem to be irritating her and she know has a rash even though Ive changed her 4 times already :panic: will soon be having nappy change 5! What nappies have you used/ do you use in the past? Luckily Ive only had one 3 year old mindee today so its been okay to keep changing her saying that soon be time too potty train shes been telling me when shes having a poo for the last 2 months and will sit on the potty but not quite at the stage of dong anything haha any help will be much appreciated :D

jayjay1963
16-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Have you thought about getting free samples from the bigger companies or buying mini packs of them? You could also try using paper disposable liners inside the nappy ( mothercare and boots both sell them).

Jacqui

~Grasshopper~
16-08-2011, 05:28 PM
hi,

ds1 had awful nappy rash from tescos own brand and asda nappies for me pampers are the only ones i find work, my 18mth old is in either baby dry or actifit 4+ and i never have a leak.

xx

Emily'bubbles
16-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah I think im going to have to give pampers a go, iI never really liked pampers when she was little but looks like Ill have to give them another go. Anyone ever used Lidl own apparently there meant to be really good and won an award lol

RachelE
16-08-2011, 06:11 PM
I was a Huggies fan with my ds, but then almost 5 years later, with my dd, I swore by Boots.

Boots own brand fitted better and they were cheaper - and Boots points too!

Hope you find some better ones soon,

Rachel x

Twinklestars
16-08-2011, 07:07 PM
My 19 month old ( and he's not big) is in size 5 pampers, bit the baby dry seem smaller than the active fit ones so he could do with 5+ in them, I got 198 nappies for £28 the other day at boots but i ordered them off the website to be delivered to the store as our local boots is tiny. I hate huggies for him, asda are ok but can't use the simply dry pampers as he gets a really nasty rash after a couple of nappies

balijay
16-08-2011, 08:51 PM
A vote for Lidl nappies from me - I use them on my 8 month old dd and they are perfectly fine (and cheaper too). Voted best nappy by mumsnet :laughing:

khlwomitchell
16-08-2011, 09:00 PM
try going down to 4+ if leaking?
i also stopped giving my kids so much juice and went to water to stop the guzzling for the taste.
Huggies pull ups if used with a vest to stop them falling down hold a heck of alot of wee, my son can fill a dam!
i also use pampers value, 4+ for my son who is 20 mth too and they hold lots x mybe try value tesco, not pretty but work well xx

JCrakers
17-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Lidl nappies are surprisingly very good. My Mindee tried them for a while but now shes potty training.

I thought a cheap nappy would be rubbish (thought shed be waking up with a change of clothes needed) but they were quite good.

jayjay1963
17-08-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere that Lidl nappies were made by one of the major manufacturers on their behalf, I know a few people that swear by them:)

Jacqui

mrs coops
18-08-2011, 08:25 AM
i use aldi nappys on my lo and they seem to be good at the moment (hopefully won't have to use them much longer as trying to potty train)
I was told that asda's and tesco's own brand was made by huggies don't know how true this is though xx