PDA

View Full Version : feeling deflated and annoyed

JCrakers
16-08-2011, 02:41 PM
:( :( :(

After 9 long months of not having any phonecalls I had a lovely lady and her 8month old come to visit me last week. I was so happy when she loved it and made some settling in sessions for little one.

I dropped her an email to say it was nice to meet her little one and just to pop down the days he was coming and a bit about the days she wanted etc and shes replied saying she wants to cancel the places and will contact me if circumstances change.
Im so fed up now, 2 full timers have left for school and ive just got 1 mindee in the daytime now.
I was so excited to recieve a phonecall after all that time and now ive got to wait again.... :angry:

Bananabrain
16-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Sorry to hear that, it's really pants when parents are adamant that they want the place, then change their minds. I know the feeling.
Hopefully you will get some calls soon.

Tink
16-08-2011, 03:14 PM
That's the problem with our job, nothing is set in stone. It always worries me because a parent at anytime can turn aroundand give 4 weeks notice. We can't fill the space straight away and are left with the money issue etc.
I really feel for you and hope you hear something soon xxx

JCrakers
17-08-2011, 07:00 AM
In fact the more I think about it I think she was thinking of setting up as a CM....Im going to keep my eyes and ears peeled to see if her name turns up somewhere.

A couple of the questions she asked I thought were a bit funny for a new mum with a small baby.
What is the EYFS all about?
Do you have to do a folder for each child?
How do you cope with all ages?
Have you ever been asked to work weekends?

Normal questions but the more I think about it...the more suspicious it becomes :idea:

If I find out she registers soon I shall be so mad. She took paperwork and everything

Becky

mrs_scottydog
17-08-2011, 07:46 AM
I really hope that is not the case as it would be very annoying if she uses all your hard work. Could it be that you're over thinking what happened? I have a bad habit of doing this a lot about all sorts of things.
Hope you get some more calls soon about your spaces. Hx

NI MINDER
17-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Hons thats horrible for you. It seems generally folks are very low numbers and not turning away parents the way we used to. I had a family of 3 leave me in JUne and still havent filled spaces. Left with one child who is so sporadic its hardly worth having at times - get paid retainer but it doesnt make a wage :(
I would love his Mums job - she has so much time off its unbelievable! .