PDA

View Full Version : It is taking so long to get on the FIS list

mummyMia
16-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I have been registered for a month and a half now and my name is still not on the FIS list:mad: I was so pleased when my registration came through right at the beginning of July because I thought that I had just made it in time for all those September enquiries. I have been asking the council every single week and keep being told that a new list with my name will come out next week. So I wait a week, ask again and they say next week, and so it continues ....

Grrrrrrrrr! Why does everything have to take so long! Luckily I have been advertising myself and have one part timer already signed up but even so I am feeling really annoyed. My friend who lives nearby has had some September enquiries from there and I have missed out.

Sorry just felt like ranting:)

AgentTink
16-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I have been registered since May, and was put onto the FIS straight away. However all the contacts that i have had from parents has come through childcare.co.uk and not one thing from FIS.

3 weeks i got a phone call from FIS asking to update my details with spaces available ect, and the information i gave has not even been updated on-line!!

If i was you i would keep going with your advertising, and ask your friend who has been getting contacted that if she is unable to accomodate any of the requests that she os getting to pass your details onto the parents.

HMT81
16-08-2011, 01:50 PM
I was registered in May and only got a letter yesterday from the FIS asking for my details :-/

IsabellaB
16-08-2011, 03:45 PM
have you called them? (apologies if that is a stupid question)

I was apparently on their system, which I was but only if you actively searched for a childminder with my name, they had not included my postcode so I did not come up on a search for the area