PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Info with another CM

Tealady
16-08-2011, 12:31 PM
I currently mind a LO 4 days a week. On my day off he goes to another CM

I have signed permission from Mum to share info. I do a daily diary which goes to the other CM so she can see what he's been up to and she then writes his daily diary in my book so I get to how his day went with her.

Is this enough or should we be doing more. He's been coming to us since June. I've never spoken to this CM nor do I actually know who she is. I don't see her out and about nor do I remember her from any training so I would feel a bit strange only just making contact now.

She's and Outstanding CM who's been doing it for years so I'm assuming if we needed to share more info she would let me know, or am I wrong?

Katiekoo
16-08-2011, 12:44 PM
I have a very similar situation! I care for a child one day a week and my friend has him the rest of the week. It's a new arrangement. Obviously the difference is we are friends so we meet up each week at toddler group and go to the playground together. I don't think we do anything additional to what you've said although we do share our planning themes so he has the same theme in the different settings. We do seperate LJ's, although I think we will work together on next steps etc.
So really you are doing well, since you don't know this minder. If you feel comfortable you could pop a note in t his book saying what activities you have coming up or a newsletter?

marleymoo
16-08-2011, 03:01 PM
what about putting your phone number and email address in the diary and inviting her to contact you if she would like to share ideas? other than that, i think it sounds as though you are doing a great job!

Tink
16-08-2011, 03:11 PM
what about putting your phone number and email address in the diary and inviting her to contact you if she would like to share ideas? other than that, i think it sounds as though you are doing a great job!

I agree, if you arrange to meet up you get to meet his other CM and you can discuss how you inform each other about this child together.

miffy
16-08-2011, 04:50 PM
what about putting your phone number and email address in the diary and inviting her to contact you if she would like to share ideas?

I think that's a good idea - it might be nice to meet.

Miffy xx

marleymoo
20-08-2011, 09:34 AM
I think that's a good idea - it might be nice to meet.

Miffy xx

not saying i'd want to meet lol, i would just be after her taking over some of the paperwork!:laughing: