PDA

View Full Version : EYLC coming tomorrow, I'm not ready!

Starfish007
16-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi all, I've got my Early Years Learning Coach coming tomorrow with my Childcare Coordinator to assess whether or not I can take children for their NEF funding, I really feel that I'm not ready, my planning and learning journeys are not up-to-date, I feel really over-faced by it all.

Any motivational tips?! xxx

blue bear
16-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Stop panicking they will need to see that you understand eyfs and planking for each Childs individual needs, if you are not quite there they will give you tips how to top up your practice.

Maybe try getting one learning journey goi g and linked to manning even if not totally up to date to show you understand the principles.

sarah707
16-08-2011, 05:08 PM
I think Fifi has given good advice - focus on one LJ and getting it up to date and talk about how the rest need adapting.

Ask advice and find out what they want from you - the more they are talking the less questions you will need to answer :laughing:

Good luck :D

Starfish007
16-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Great advice thank you x

funemnx
16-08-2011, 06:16 PM
I went through it all in Feb - I only had one LJ that I showed her as I was still getting the other ones sorted properly and it was fine. I got lots of good advice that really helped a lot. Mine is looking at my Risk Assessemnents this week so fingers crossed!

I'm sure all will be well x