PDA

View Full Version : Having childminder assistants

Annelize
16-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm just busy putting a business plan together as I would like to expand and have some assistants working with me.
For the childminders who do have assistants what systems do you use for payroll, how do you deal with employment issues, Tax and VAT obligations, health and safety etc. Apart from contacting Ofsted (as I already spoke to them) and doing that side of things what else did you do?

I also heard something about employment liability insurance is this something I would be able to get from NCMA?

I just want to make sure I have all the facts before I just jump in and get an assistant.

I will be going on maternity from January and will need an assistant to take over from me while I'm on maternity and will then after maternity expand and possible have a second assistant.

Any advise or guidance on this front would be greatly appreciated.
Annelize

Mamma4Ya
16-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Why not take on an assistant as self employed?

pinkbutterfly
16-08-2011, 06:21 PM
I will have to worry you a little ... assistants are just assistants. They will not be able to take over if you are on maternity. They can only look after children unaided for short time like on school runs etc and that is IF they have first aid training. Otherwise they are not allowed to be in sole charge of children.