PDA

View Full Version : Sad saying goodbye

JCrakers
16-08-2011, 10:34 AM
I had a little one leave for school last week..shes off on hol first before starting in Sept.
Shes been coming to me since she was 14months old and now shes just over 4yrs...:(

I got some lovely flowers and a voucher for £30 to spend on myself :D I bought a book which I wrote in and a teddy and gave them her folder.

Good news though when Dad picked up, they may need me in school hols if I have a place so its not goodbye forever.
Plus I have her sister starting soon so she might pop in at pick up time :D

Becky

miffy
16-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Aaww it's always sad when they leave when you've looked after them so long.

Hopefully it's just au revoir not goodbye and you'll see and hear lots about her.

Miffy xx

sue m
16-08-2011, 10:56 AM
My little one aged 17 months is leaving and going back to Ireland. She's so gorgeous and I get on really well with Mum and Dad, they're friends now so we will keep in touch by facebook and emails but I'm really sad they're going. I had the most lovely email giving me notice - cos they're in Ireland at the moment - it almost made me cry.

marleymoo
16-08-2011, 12:39 PM
i've only ever been genuinely sad once in 7 years but don't take that the wrong way. it's usually because while they're using up their notice period, i'm settling in their replacement from my waiting list so it's a very busy time for me. i don't get too hung up on it as I've never come close to loving any of them, fond yes, love no, and parents always stay in touch so they come for play dates in less busy times (when some EYFS kids are at nursery), come on outings with us with mum in school hols. see.....i'm not the ogre you thought i was am i? hehe

Mouse
16-08-2011, 12:48 PM
i've only ever been genuinely sad once in 7 years but don't take that the wrong way. it's usually because while they're using up their notice period, i'm settling in their replacement from my waiting list so it's a very busy time for me. i don't get too hung up on it as I've never come close to loving any of them, fond yes, love no, and parents always stay in touch so they come for play dates in less busy times (when some EYFS kids are at nursery), come on outings with us with mum in school hols. see.....i'm not the ogre you thought i was am i? hehe

lol! I have to say, I've been sad (but never heartbroken) to see some of them go, but I do admit to cheering when others have walked out the door for the last time:blush: :clapping:

I'm not an emotional person anyway, so I'm not the sort to cry about a child leaving. I do miss them and it takes time to get used to them not being here, but I soon move on. I've often thought I must be really heartless when I've seen posts saying minders are in floods of tears because a mindee's left and I think...why?

Most of my mindees start with me as babies and leave when they go to school, so I do get very attached to them. I just see it as a natural progression when they move on & I love to see them head off to school, knowing I've helped get them that far :thumbsup:

Tink
16-08-2011, 12:52 PM
It's always hard when one of the mindees leave. It's weird for me because 3 of mine are from the nursery I used to work at. They all started when they were 6 months old and I have seen them grow up. The eldest is 7 and starting Junior school in September but I still have him after school:clapping:

Cammie Doodle
16-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh Im useless and cry every (well almost every )time a child goes :blush:

marleymoo
16-08-2011, 02:06 PM
wot a bunch of softies you lot are!
i've never cried once and I'm never likely to! the only time i could ever imagine coming close to tears is if i didn't have someone lined up to fill their place! haha

marleymoo
16-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Mouse, i've read lots of your posts and it's quite uncanny how similar we seem to be......:eek:

Cammie Doodle
16-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Some mindees leaving is not such a wrench, but latest one was awful, I have minded him since he was 18moths old and he is now starting Grammer School, on his last day he got up and was sat at the breakfast table crying, his Mum said what is wrong he said I don't want this to be my last day at Auntie June's :blush: Bless him. When his Mum picked him up that evening he went to her car and brought me some lovely gifts a willow ornament of a little boy, a candle, something for my bath, and a bracelet, he chose them all and had written the card himself saying he will miss me lots . Bless his little heart, we both cried our eyes out. We have since met up for dinner and he his Dad and my Hubby are off to play golf next week .

JCrakers
17-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Some mindees leaving is not such a wrench, but latest one was awful, I have minded him since he was 18moths old and he is now starting Grammer School, on his last day he got up and was sat at the breakfast table crying, his Mum said what is wrong he said I don't want this to be my last day at Auntie June's :blush: Bless him. When his Mum picked him up that evening he went to her car and brought me some lovely gifts a willow ornament of a little boy, a candle, something for my bath, and a bracelet, he chose them all and had written the card himself saying he will miss me lots . Bless his little heart, we both cried our eyes out. We have since met up for dinner and he his Dad and my Hubby are off to play golf next week .

:( That nearly bought a tear to my eye...bless him