PDA

View Full Version : need a good cleaner

Beenletloose
16-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi i have now decided i can't manage childminding and cleaning of my house plus look after my own family. I am looking for a cleaner and have been told i can claim the tax back from it.

I was going to use Molly Maid as i know they can provide receipts and are fully insured.

Has anyone any comments on Molly Maid in surrey area, or recommend another company.

thanks guys it is a bit scaring leaving strangers in your home.

marleymoo
16-08-2011, 01:11 PM
my cleaner does a bit of moonlighting by doing my ironing too (not through her employer).
she is leaving her employer soon to work in the care sector and i am still going to use her services for cleaning and ironing. (she is actually one of my mindee's mothers). i don't put the expense through by books because she cleans my full house, not just the rooms i work in. tbh, i do such a thorough clean at opening and closing that i don't need her to clean my childminding spaces so i couldn't justify putting her fees through my books.
can't name business i use for obvious reasons

LChurch
16-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Would love to hear if you have any recommendations at all, last one didn't meet my standards so decided to not carry on with a cleaner and just get on and do it myself, will be easier again when it is not school holidays!

sarah707
16-08-2011, 05:11 PM
I found a cleaner through a friend and it's working out well. She cleans what I ask her to do plus extra bits every few weeks.

The only problem would be if there was a breakdown of communication because it would cause issues with my friend and the people at school... but so far so good.

I suppose that's one good reason for employing someone from an agency - you can argue with them and get things the way you want them.

You can put the amount spent on childminding rooms through your books but not the whole cleaning of the house.

Hth :D

Katiekoo
16-08-2011, 05:15 PM
My whole house is registered and used as my house is very small, can I claim the whole amount?

marleymoo
20-08-2011, 09:32 AM
My whole house is registered and used as my house is very small, can I claim the whole amount?

can't see why not