PDA

View Full Version : How should I charge for this?

JennyM
15-08-2011, 08:38 PM
I have managed to secure an after school child starting in September.:clapping:

She seems a lovely little girl and her Mum is really nice too.

She will be full time in the school holidays although, she sometimes goes away during the holiday's on music camps. I would like to think of a fair way to charge Mum for the holidays.

I usually charge Parent's a half fee for their holiday )up tp 4 weeks) but if for example, they were on holiday for two weeks, then her music camps added up to three weeks throughout the year, I would like to let her take some of this time free.

Am I making sense? Any ideas on how to work it out?

Goatgirl
15-08-2011, 10:56 PM
How about just giving an extra couple of weeks at half fee to help them out, but you still get something and they can't take advantage at a later date ( you never know!) if there's a finite amount of half rate hols before they pay full again.

good luck,
Wendy :)

miffy
16-08-2011, 06:37 AM
How about just giving an extra couple of weeks at half fee to help them out, but you still get something and they can't take advantage at a later date ( you never know!) if there's a finite amount of half rate hols before they pay full again.

good luck,
Wendy :)

I think this is a great idea. Personally I'd be wary of offering free time to one set of parents if you were not going to do the same with others.

Miffy xx