PDA

View Full Version : Sharing info with other settings

snufflepuff
15-08-2011, 01:30 PM
From next month all three of my mindees will be attending the same nursery. I need to write a letter asking them to share information with me (and vice versa of course.) I want space for me, parent and someone from the nursery to sign.
I'm not sure what to write though? Can anyone help please?

For those who have children attending other settings, how exactly do you share info with them? One mindee will be easy enough as i'll be picking her up so I can chat to the staff then- is just asking them how LO has been enough? Or do you do some sort of form for them to fill in every so often, to show new things LO has learned while there, any new interests etc? Do you show them your learning journals and ask to see theirs?

I'm not sure they will be very forthcoming with info to be honest but at least I can have this to show I have tried! This was the only part of my inspection that I was graded satisfactory instead of good (because none of the children I cared for at the time attended any other settings so it was impossible for me to do it!)

Tinglesnark
15-08-2011, 01:37 PM
i used some forms that i got with one of sarah707's e-books. It is fab, you have a letter asking to share information which both settings sign, a permission slip for the parents to sign to allow you to share info with the other setting ...i cant remember if there is a sharing information form or if i made my own but basically i would have all areas of learning on this form and would fill in 3 aspects every 6 weeks and hand it over for the play school to fill in another 3. We split the aspects without realising it and i did the things that the playschool found difficult to manage and vice versa. it worked really well x good luck x

bluebell3
15-08-2011, 08:45 PM
my development worker sent me a link to an agreement sharing form. I'm not sure if the link would work or if I'm allowed to put one so I have copied and pasted the information instead. (Imagine the information is in a table)

Information Sharing Agreement for (insert setting / childminder name)

By signing this form the parent / authorised carer is agreeing for information about this child’s care and learning needs to be discussed with the setting / professional listed below

Date Agreement completed:

Review date:

Child’s name

Details of setting / professional with whom information will be shared with.
Name

Role

Address

Telephone Number

email

Reason for sharing Information

Information to be shared

Action plan

Name
Role / position
Signature
Date
Setting

Parent / Carer

Professional with whom information is being shared

Hope that helps!!!

JumpingJacks
15-08-2011, 08:50 PM
i used some forms that i got with one of sarah707's e-books. It is fab, you have a letter asking to share information which both settings sign, a permission slip for the parents to sign to allow you to share info with the other setting ...i cant remember if there is a sharing information form or if i made my own but basically i would have all areas of learning on this form and would fill in 3 aspects every 6 weeks and hand it over for the play school to fill in another 3. We split the aspects without realising it and i did the things that the playschool found difficult to manage and vice versa. it worked really well x good luck x

I used these forms too! Love sarahs e books! I had a chat daily with nursery and discussed what I was doing and vice versa and incorporated what my mindee enjoyed from Nursery into my planning.

Inspector gave me outstanding for partnerships(still to be confirmed in writing) so must be doing something right :)