PDA

View Full Version : Stressed!

Tatia
07-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Oh my lord. I spent the afternoon at local children's centre doing a fantastic course for takling to Under 5s(which I will post about it moe detail in training forum). It's been a lovely, relaxing day and I knew it was gonna be a nice afternoon cos a lot of mindees being picked up early for various reasons and 1 not with me cos Dad kept him off school to take him to doctor's. Right?

WRONG! Get a phone call from school saying 5 yo mindee has not been collected and they can't reach his Dad. I said oh, well, let me call him cos he's had the day off to take son to doctor's. I get a hold of Dad who assumes I am a mind reader and magically knew that he dropped J off at school after doc's and did not take whole day off after all and meant for me to collect J from school (plus he was stuck in London in a traffic jam so not gonn be of any help)!:angry:

So here I am frantically trying to reach and arrange everything whilst still answering door to mindees who arrive by taxi. PLus, one of the mindees who comes via taxi cannot walk that far or fast (disabled) but luckily my daughter was meant to be collecting a 10 yr old mindee for me from an after school club and they let 5 yo come home with her.

And to top my evening off, another mother was apparently knocking on my door and I didn't hear her and now she's late to dentist cos she had to walk to shop to get credit to phone me.:( I feel really bad about that. I was in the garden and I guess pretty frazzled cos I normally hear the door when it goes from the garden.

Oh help, I am so stressed and frazzled at the moment! I need a stiff drink but have to wait!

Banana
07-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Oh dear!!!

You have had 'one of those days'.

Big hugs to you and also - use your syns on a nice glass of wine tonight!!!

xxx

Blaze
07-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Definately one of those days...we all have them...not long to go & then you can have a nice glass of wine & chill...it's gonna be a lovely evening...:)

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Poor you Tatia - it all happens together

How was you supposed to know you had to collect the child ?

Hope you have calmed down now

Hugs

Angel xx

hbomb1
07-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Oh dear, no wonder you are stressed. Pour yourself a large glass of wine and relax in the garden - once all the mindees have gone of course. :D

Tatia
07-05-2008, 04:03 PM
My husband has just made me feel worse, basically saying both incidents were my fault.:(

I spend my days being very togther and in control so this makes me feel like poo.

Pipsqueak
07-05-2008, 04:23 PM
My husband has just made me feel worse, basically saying both incidents were my fault.:(

I spend my days being very togther and in control so this makes me feel like poo.

You aren't a mindreader:eek: :eek: You haven't developed this extra ability yet - that only childminders should have????:eek: Shame on you Tatia - I suggest the next course you book yourself on is the "Developing a 6th sense and MindReading Parents - Beginners Course" asap!;) ;)

As for your hubs - would you like the Minding Mafia to come round and sort him out???:angry: :angry:

Hun you have had "one of them (pah) days" - time to wind down, stop beating yourself up and forgive yourself (after serving hubs dinner stone cold in revenge) and relax. Hugs to you Tatia

sarah707
07-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Poor you!

For future reference, I think you need to invest in a crystal ball...

Enjoy your glass of something chilled later xxhugsxx

crazybones
07-05-2008, 04:26 PM
That does sound stressful poor you. I hate days like that. Definitely an excuse for a drink later. :D

Tatia
07-05-2008, 04:44 PM
As for your hubs - would you like the Minding Mafia to come round and sort him out???
Childminding Mafia revenge - being stuck in a room with a dirty nappy, Yo Gabba Gabba blaring from the telly and the sound of a screaming 2 year old, while an irate parent tells you off!:laughing:

Just dispose of his body when you're through, please.:)

Dad of 5 yo came in apologizing profusely to me so am feeling slightly mollified now. Now I'm stressed cos I can't decide whether to have a Pimm's or a gin and tonic (all mindees gone now).

Thank yu all for yur support and understanding. May seem a small thing in the scheme of things so it's nice to have others who understand!:clapping:

breezy
07-05-2008, 04:55 PM
crystal ball it is!!!!!!!!!

after a day like yours I'd have BOTH drinks,( triples), kill my husband and tell him it was his fault!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomorrow can only be better and mother with phone should make sure she has credit, we do!!!!!

Pipsqueak
07-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Now I'm stressed cos I can't decide whether to have a Pimm's or a gin and tonic (all mindees gone now).

Thank yu all for yur support and understanding. May seem a small thing in the scheme of things so it's nice to have others who understand!:clapping:

How about one of each!:D

Understand - we have all got the ruddy t-shirt!:laughing:

Alibali
07-05-2008, 06:09 PM
At least it's over now and you can relax:) Hope tomorrow is better (check your crystal ball to see if it is going to be!)

Ali x

jaja
07-05-2008, 08:51 PM
hope you feel better soon, ignore the other half what do they know!! xxxx

angeldelight
08-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Hope you are feeling better today Tatia ?

Angel xx

Tatia
08-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Yes, much better. My husband apologized and said he didn't mean it the way it sounded (not sure how "well, you knew she was coming early so why didn't you listen for her" could have been misconstrued on my part but oh well, at least he apologized:rolleyes: ) and then I had a text from the mum this morning saying she was sorry if she came across grumpy. And after speaking to Reception teacher at school drop-off, who assured me she did not think me negligent and realized it was a miscommunicatin on part of mindee's dad and not my fault at all, I no longer feel the world thinks I'm a big loser and crap childminder!:thumbsup: