PDA

View Full Version : rising 5's

janminder
14-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Just wondering is it right that I don't have to ring Ofsted to let them know I have rising fives but if I do it can be added to my cetificate. Also does school holiday include this holiday before they start. Many thanks.

christine e
15-08-2011, 05:49 AM
Hi

Unless you have the following on your certificate then you must inform Ofsted so the your certificate can be amended

'When caring for 4 or 5 year old children who are in full time education may increase the number in the Early Years age group by the number of children in full time education, providing the maximum number of children in not exceeded'

You cannot class a child as being in full time education until they are in school for 10 sessions a week (than mean attending school both morning and afternoon every day)

Hope this helps

Cx

miffy
15-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Also does school holiday include this holiday before they start. Many thanks.

I don't think so because they are not in fte until September.

Miffy xx

janminder
15-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Thank, will get in touch with Ofsted then so ok for October half term.

AliceK
15-08-2011, 01:52 PM
It has been asked before and I know I was in this position last summer hols. Ofsted told me as long as the child was going straight into FULL-TIME school when they go back in Sept then I could count them as a R5 during the summer hols. If the school does gradual phasing then you can't. I'm sure there's a sticky somewhere about this with Oftseds answer in it. Of course you must already have the relevant bit about R5's on your certificate for this to be the case.

xxxx

Mouse
15-08-2011, 02:03 PM
It has been asked before and I know I was in this position last summer hols. Ofsted told me as long as the child was going straight into FULL-TIME school when they go back in Sept then I could count them as a R5 during the summer hols. If the school does gradual phasing then you can't. I'm sure there's a sticky somewhere about this with Oftseds answer in it. Of course you must already have the relevant bit about R5's on your certificate for this to be the case.

xxxx

I agree with you. I think there was a thread on here somewhere where someone had had it emailed to them that you could count rising 5s from the holiday before they started school. I've often looked for it, but never managed to find it!

anthea jane
15-08-2011, 02:30 PM
I emailed ofsted as my son will be in ft school as of 12th sep, they said they will send out new certificate on the 12th.

AliceK
15-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I emailed ofsted as my son will be in ft school as of 12th sep, they said they will send out new certificate on the 12th.

I think it's different if it's your own child. My DD will be 5 next Sept at which time she will start FT school but they won't let me increase my numbers on my certificate (eg count her as a R5) until her actual birthday in Sept whereas if it's a minded child and you have R5 bit on your certificate they will allow it. Crazy huh :rolleyes:

xxxx