PDA

View Full Version : start up costs??? - Paving

sharonmanc
14-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Hi there, just another question re initial costs.

My back garden which i use alot with my own children, and i want to use with potential mindees, is mainly gras, but from the back door to the grass, it is tarmaced, but it is very old, crumbling, I want to have it paved, to make it safer and also more clean etc, would I be able to include all or part of the cost as a start up cost?

I dont want to do anything wrong with regards tax etc

Any help would be appreciated.

Mrs_Locky
14-08-2011, 09:13 AM
I asked a similar question with regard to fencing and was told that anything you do for and because you are/becoming a childminder then you can put down on your accounts!

HTH xx

rickysmiths
14-08-2011, 10:03 AM
The question you have to ask yourself is would you do it if you were not childminding because the trarmac is onld and dangerous. If you would then you may only be able to claim a % of the cost. It could also be classed as an improvement to your home.

Balibali
14-08-2011, 10:50 AM
I learn something new here. Honestly I don't know anything about this. I thought they scrabble that start up £300? Or what's actually happened or what we need to do to get them?

Mookins
14-08-2011, 11:47 AM
if its purely for childminding yes...if its part business part own use its a percentage

im gonna put all mine through, its only a small area for the mindees to use their little ride alongs...otherwise i wouldnt bother

xx

sharonmanc
14-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the replys everyone. For my own little one I would not bother any time soon, as when it rains and just after they just dont go outside, but for mindees, it would mean that I could keep the play house out there and they could play straight after it has rained etc, and ride their ride on's etc.