PDA

View Full Version : Do I charge while child is at nursery?

Lil Face
13-08-2011, 02:47 PM
I have someone coming monday for a consultation, she has a 5month old and 2.5 year old. She is looking for someone to mind her children in January, Monday-Friday from 7.30am for the 5month old not sure what time till probably 5pm-6pm maybe as she is a teacher and from 3.15pm for the 2.5 year old, who I would need to pick up from nursery. How do I work out charges for the 2.5 year old, do I charge just from 3.15pm when I have him or do I charge while he's at nursery as well as I cannot fill that space during the day as I have to keep it open for him

sarah707
13-08-2011, 05:10 PM
You can fill the space with a child who is collected during the earlier part of the afternoon... a 2 1/2 hour session is virtually impossible to fill but a day session is easier.

I would check what childminders local to you would do as well because you could price yourself out of the market if you charge for a full day.

On the other side, if you are emergency contact for the child taking to nursery and collecting then yes you would need to consider charging.

Hth :D