PDA

View Full Version : What happens with ofsted etc if you move house?

jumpinjen
13-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi guys.... we are thinking of moving.... just wondering how it all works with ofsted if we do.... can I mind in the new house straight away or do I have to close until re-inspected? Will a detailed risk assessment do to convince them it's safe to mind there? What information will they need/want?

Thanks, any help/knowledge appreciated!

jen x

bluebell3
13-08-2011, 09:14 AM
I think it depends on your circumstances. I know a childminder who informed ofsted and they asked her to risk assess it and it was fine. If you know the date you are moving I would inform Ofsted and then, if they do require an inspection, ask them to do it as soon as you move so you are not left without work!

Pauline
13-08-2011, 10:14 AM
A lot depends on your current grade.

We moved house a couple of months ago, once we had a firm moving date I emailed Ofsted and said that I had done a partial risk assessment based on my visits to view the house and when I finally moved in I would do a full and thorough risk assessment before children returned.

They phoned me back and said that as I had been graded Outstanding they would send out a new certificate and did not want me to send the risk assessments in, but to keep them in case I was asked for them in the future.

A few days later a new certificate arrived. Unfortunately this still listed the conditions for the old house e.g. which rooms children could use. So I emailed again saying which rooms I wished to be registered at the new house and again, just a few days later a new certificate arrived.

You cannot mind until you have the new certificate though, luckily we took two weeks off after the move to get sorted so had plenty of time.

Never work without a certificate for your current premises as you would most likely invalidate your insurance and be working unregistered and uninsured.

Hope that helps. :)

jumpinjen
13-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks for that information.... I am graded good and due to be inspected again sometime next Spring/Summer. My risk assessments were all in order and commented upon as thorough in my last inspection so hopefully they will let me do as you did..... We haven't even put our houses up for sale yet but i like to know all the details and be prepared before we do anything!

thanks, Jen x