PDA

View Full Version : The parrot stage

sillysausage
12-08-2011, 09:55 PM
My 3 yr old (soon to be 4) mindee has started copying everything, and I mean everything that anyone says. I know it is a stage but it is getting quite wearing. He literally repeats anything that anyone says like a mini echo. I could be telling another child off, answering the telephone etc. This morning I was trying to tell the tree surgeon who had come to chop down a diseased tree that our neighbour was happy to allow access so he could remove any branches that fell into his garden and every word I said was immediately repeated by the mindee. The older children are getting really frustrated and I've tried explaining to them that it is a stage of his learning and he is learning about sentence formation and new vocabulary etc but I have to admit at times today I've really wanted to tell him to shut up. Thankfully I've managed not to lol. Does anyone have any advice other than ear plugs and a big glass of wine at the end of the day ?:laughing:

sarah707
13-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Ohhh I used to have a child who went through this stage - it's so tiring isn't it?!?

I think you are right... wine after work is the only solution :D