PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr netmums!

helendee
12-08-2011, 04:47 PM
I Have just found out what a spiteful and petty bunch some people can be. I was reading a post about parent and child spaces and someone was writing that she was so outraged by a woman parking in one of these spaces that, following a heated argument, she wrote a message on a piece of paper and attached it to her windscreen; it basically said " I am a fat, lazy c*w and that is why I park in parent and child spaces. She thought that it was funny as the lady was overweight.

I replied that while I agreed that she shouldn't have parked there I felt it was mean to refer to her weight and would she have insulted her on the grounds of her skin colour or nationality. As a size 18 woman myself I get really cheesed off with people thinking it is ok to mock larger people when they wouldn't dream of being seen as racist or bigoted in any other way.

I had really horrible replies, all saying I was trying to stir up a race-row and all adding more insults, such as they should have left slim-fast on the woman's car and 'bet she was off to stock-up on sausage rolls etc...
I just feel that people are unnecessarily cruel and why do thin women hate us larger ones so much, surely it should be the other way round?

Thanks for hearing my rant but I hate spitefulness! xx

Rain or Shine
12-08-2011, 04:53 PM
They are so cruel for no reason. As if we need anymore hassle, most overweight people are in a constant battle anyways without others joining in. I know I am.

I think they are just ignorant and spiteful x

munch149
12-08-2011, 05:38 PM
I am slim and agree that that was awful. She shouldn't have parked there but that was still bullying. Of she was that upset about it all she needed to do was mention it to a member of staff and ask how they dealt with things like this to stop it happening. There is no need to be cruel regardless. Something tells me this woman was one of the bullies at school and not one of those who were picked on.

francinejayne
12-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I completely agree with you - for some reason people seem to think it is acceptable to call someone fat. It isn't!

Likewise people seem to think that it is OK to make fun of people with red hair. This isn't OK either!

I used to be more rounded, but after an illness earlier this year I am now a size 10 (with lots of scars all over my tummy so don't get too jealous!) and no matter what I eat I can't put weight on - which sounds good but isn't as I suffer from terrible tummy cramps and have the runs almost every day (another story!) I would much prefer to be how I was before March, as although I was bigger I was healthy! So don't assume that all slim people are happy as they are! I would ignore these ignorant people if I were you, you are a better person than them which is much more important! xx

helendee
12-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks ladies

You have all restored my faith that there are some nice people in this world, hope you all have a great weekend. xx:clapping:

Mookins
12-08-2011, 07:22 PM
what a bunch of :angry: :mad: :angry:

their comments should be highlighted to the mods of that website and al booted off....viciousness and downright out of order

hugs hun

xxx

Pipsqueak
12-08-2011, 08:18 PM
netmums - best way to take that place is in jest.... honestly ... I find them really funny!

murrayspud
12-08-2011, 08:30 PM
there is just no need for this type of venting at somebody elses expense at all - it is bullying, pure and simple, and unacceptable. :angry: :angry: :angry:
These poeple are supposed to be grown ups but have ganged together to attack somebody who is unable to defend themselves.
Maybe they shouldn't have parked where they did - but it is up to the store to sort this out, not for a bunch of people to talk about it and poke fun and be rude about another person.
Keep smiling
Kathryn x