PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for certificate - what next???

princess-c1984
12-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi all, I phoned Ofsted yetserday and they said that my certificate had been printed and was ready to be posted so should recieve this next week :)

I remember from the course they said that you get a started pack once your registered, which has contracts etc in. How do I get one of these or do they just send them to you?

What do I need to do in the meantime? I still have policies etc to do and I havent started advertising cause I thought I would start after Christmas.

I just wondered if anyone could help on where to go from here?

Thanks, in advance x

mrs_scottydog
12-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi, as far as I'm aware you need to buy the contracts yourself, either from NCMA or MM depending on who you're going to get your insurance with. In our area we were advised that we could apply for a startup grant which included getting a tool kit (box of contracts, attendance register, child record forms etc) from NCMA. This however varies from area to area so you would have to check with either your DO or whoever ran your course, everything has changed since I did my course early 2010 so I can't be more specific I'm afraid.
So your next step would be to find out if you need to get the contracts yourself, then start advertising. You'll need to finish off your policies and risk assessments etc that still need doing so you can show them to parents when they visit. You will also need to decide who you want to have your insurance with so that once you have a contract signed you can sort out your insurance before the children start.
Hope that helps a bit, and your certificate arrives soon. :) Hx

khlwomitchell
12-08-2011, 08:37 PM
almost all funding in my area was stopped but i did get contract book, child info book and accounts book from NCMA, i had to wait for it all though.
I'd highly reccomend the accounts book from NCMA, helpful, clear and will lead you to the tax return process. x