PDA

View Full Version : Monday is the day.....

Tracy123
12-08-2011, 12:15 PM
So I start minding on monday :clapping:
Had my niece and cousin all week this week to get my self into it. Had some parents round to sign contracts etc.. I was very nervous! I am excited to start up but also nervous coz i dont know how to do the paperwork side of it.

Does anyone have an example of how they set out mindees learning journals? I have got files for each child but dont no how to set them up. Do i have to do obsevations every day also??

Scary stuff :laughing:
Thanks
Tracy

Zumba-mum
12-08-2011, 12:36 PM
:clapping: Enjoy your first day :) . I don't no much about the paperwork, obs i think it's up to you but don't think you need to do one every day again it depends how many days and hr you have a minde all the best.

Optimalstar
13-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Search on the net - learning journey samples are available from one of the educational sites(as in DfE type places) -memory like a sieve sorry.

Sam x

marleymoo
13-08-2011, 12:00 PM
it's up to you zumba-mum.
do you want it to be formal or quite informal?
do you want parents to contribute to it or not? (best to really)
do you want to update it yourself or are you quite happy for the children to interact with their own journal too? (mine love to)
you don't need to do observations every day although i do keep a sheet of sticker labels nearby to make a note of what i've seen/heard/thoughts for next steps and put them into child's journal without doing any further writing, putting letters next to it saying CLL, PSRN etc. i take at least one photo per week per child and bluetooth straight from my phone to pogo and stick them in too and give a brief annotation. monthly i look back over the last things i've put in and make a formal note of the next steps for this child. takes me all of 15 minutes per journal. i then give this to parents monthly, they bring it back the following monday, sign the form to say they've had it and write in the comment box about anything they want to say about their child's progress

Tracy123
13-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Wow Marleymoo u make it sound so easy. Sounds like u have a good set up. Do u just have a ring binder folder for each child with sheets in that i just write on or stick photos on?

Thanks for the replies i will have a look about on the interent too thanks optimalstar.

marleymoo
13-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Wow Marleymoo u make it sound so easy. Sounds like u have a good set up. Do u just have a ring binder folder for each child with sheets in that i just write on or stick photos on?

Thanks for the replies i will have a look about on the interent too thanks optimalstar.

yes i use a ring binder with plain white punched card inside (doesn't tear as easily) total cost £2 from poundshop. job done.
it is easy but it took me 4 years to find this sytem that works for me after trying EVERYTHING going.

miffy
15-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Good luck - hope it goes well today!

Miffy xx