PDA

View Full Version : could have been better...lol

Helen Dempster
12-08-2011, 11:11 AM
I decided to have a fire drill this morning...didn't tell the kids (I wanted it to be as real as possible). Anyway, 2yo was perfect, 5yo DS just laughed as he knew it was a practice, 5yo mindee cried as he thought it was a real fire and 13yo DS went back in the house for his shoes!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there's room for improvement there, don't you???? lol :laughing:

Mollymop
12-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Bless them!:laughing: I am too scared not to warn the children just incase I upset them too much, I can imagine my own dd (7) would run outta the house screaming...lol and i'd worry that if I kept doing it if a real fire occurred they might not take it seriously (boy who called wolf and all that):o

Its good though that now you know what you gotta do to get it right just incase there was a fire!:eek: x

pears
12-08-2011, 12:01 PM
my fire drills need practice too,one of mine ran back for a piece of fruit!im never sure if we are to allow shoes put on for a practice(usually do though)does anyone else?

Helen x

Twinkle-Toes
12-08-2011, 12:12 PM
my fire drills need practice too,one of mine ran back for a piece of fruit!im never sure if we are to allow shoes put on for a practice(usually do though)does anyone else?

Helen x

When I worked in an office (totally different I know!!) the general rule was if it was to hand and obviously not in the direction of the fire then grab it. Suppose for kids in you are right next to coats/shoes and it's tipping it down outside etc i'd grab them.

Sorry, that was meant to help but turned into if's/buts and maybes!!

sarah707
12-08-2011, 03:35 PM
You are supposed to just leave ... I had one screamed blue murder for his shoes on a particularly wet day so I used it as a learning experience and chatted to mum and he now brings slipper socks that he will wear outside in an emergency.

I'd do another in a couple of weeks if I were you! :D

marleymoo
13-08-2011, 11:40 AM
FUNNY!!
LOVE THIS FORUM!