PDA

View Full Version : 16 months and a right tough nut!!

maryp0ppins
12-08-2011, 06:49 AM
What I mean by this is I mind a BIG 16 month old boy who has a 4.5 yr old brother. At home they play fight/wrestle all the time BUT when lo comes here he thinks he can do it to all the other mindee's who are 16mths, 2years,upwards and they cannot defend themselves and clearly look quiet scared......He is as my daughter say's WELL hard!!

I constantly have to stop him pushing others, grabbing toy's from them or getting them in head locks (this is NO lie). He also tries to cuddle them but he doesnt cuddle he squeezes/gets them to the floor and crushes them (if I cannot get there in time).

I did have words with mum and informed her in not these exact words that he is/will be known as bully. Mum laughed and said how funny to think of a 16mth old with an asbo!!

I know she was joking but it doesnt help matters and not sure what else to do. Yesterday I had to strap him in the pushchair a few times as he can sometimes gets a right handful and this is my only option...........BUT when there are not so many here he can be very loving and (a little bit) calmer!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Pipsqueak
12-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Sounds like you need to enforce the house rules - the wellbeing and safety of the other children is paramount.

You need to be consistent. I would keep little guy with me at all times. I would be reminding parents that he cannot rough house at your place and you and others find it unacceptable. Keep reminding reminding reminding.

His behaviour is learned of course from his sibling and he has no idea what he is doing. There was a child in my sons nursery who was encouraged to 'play' fight from an early age with his older sibs and dad.... thing is he really really hurt others and nursery had to take a hard line... basically telling parents - no more 'play' fighting or rough housing.

Whilst its cute and sweet at home, outside the house... no its not.