PDA

View Full Version : Potential parent visit

Dawnbhh1982
11-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi guys,

Ive got my first parent visit monday. What do I need to have ready to show her?

I havent had anything through from NCMA yet so can't do contracts but its not to start till October anyway so that can be done when it arrives.

sarah707
11-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Show round the house and garden, chat about your menus and routines, talk about settling in and answer any questions.

Parents might appreciate leaving with a little booklet or leaflet that talks about your service.

good luck! :D

miffy
11-08-2011, 05:01 PM
What Sarah says plus, if she has the child with her, talk and play with them too - parents will want to see how you and their child get along.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Dawnbhh1982
11-08-2011, 05:34 PM
She's not bringing the child with her.

Its my first meeting because i haven't started yet so haven't got anything to show what I do apart form what I plan to do if you get what I mean?!

xshellbellex
11-08-2011, 05:53 PM
I had my first ever parent meeting today, I haven't started yet but ready to childmind at the drop of a hat.

I only had 30 minutes notice lol

Quick clean of the house and puppy behind bars

I had a parents pack with info for them to take away with them, i also gave them a copy of my all about me booklet (to gather info on childs likes/dislikes)

They came for a chat (mom, dad and 2 kids) and asked questions as we chatted. I got some toys for the 3 year old but to be fair she was being very shy so i didn't have to worry too much, I was cooing over the 6 month old (he was gorgeous).

I had a folder with all my certificates and qualifications and showed parents each one and discussed what each one mean't.

It was nice and relaxed and went well, so fingers crossed.

I had a list of my fees for myself (only told parents the fees they needed to know) having the list meant I could refer to it when they started to ask about deposits and retainers

Just waiting for the phone call Monday now