PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on the call

missnaughty
11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi all
I spoke to ofsted yesterday to ask what was happening, He told me my details were sent to prospect on the 25/7/11 and they have 28 days to come out to me :panic:

I have managed to get on a first aid course on the 2nd and 9th of September so I know I wont be able to mind until then.

I have done my Policys filled in my pre-reg book. Do I have to have the house all done on her inspection i.e safety items or can I just explain where things will be going?.

I have done risk assessments forms but have not filled then in am I meant to?

Do I need my fire blanket and first aid boxes for her to see? I just feel I am not sure now what I am meant to be doing :crying:

Because I had to wait for a waiver form and health dec for my health and crb I put things off as I was scared I would be refused. That has all been sorted and they see no reason why I cant work with children :) I now seem to be a bit behind and feel lost in it all.

Ofsted gave me the number for propsects but I dont want to call them in case they get peeeeeed of with me asking questions.

I am sorry for the long post but feeling quite sick and worrying about it all. xxx

Zumba-mum
11-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi i would fill in your risk assessments as it show's you have checked your house over, if you have a fire blanket then yes put it up, don't think they check your first aid box but still you can tell then where its kept. Hope you get your visit soon.

missnaughty
11-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi i would fill in your risk assessments as it show's you have checked your house over, if you have a fire blanket then yes put it up, don't think they check your first aid box but still you can tell then where its kept. Hope you get your visit soon.

Thank you x

sarah707
11-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Pre reg is about knowing what you are going to do and having systems in place ready to start - to do and wish lists are helpful.

Follow the reg booklet and you won't go far wrong.

Good luck :D

missnaughty
11-08-2011, 06:30 PM
When is the best time to start advertising. I wont be actually starting until after the 17th of October as my first aid is 2 and 9th September then I will have to show ofsted and wait for certificate.

Thanks x

Zumba-mum
11-08-2011, 07:27 PM
I've put a post on childcare stating i'm in the middle of getting registered and hoping to be ready sep time. No harm is looking around sme people are looking for dec/jan time.

missnaughty
11-08-2011, 08:52 PM
I've put a post on childcare stating i'm in the middle of getting registered and hoping to be ready sep time. No harm is looking around sme people are looking for dec/jan time.

Thank you I will give it a try, Do you have to pay to register on their? x

Zumba-mum
11-08-2011, 09:00 PM
NO but it does mean you cant send a message to any parents but i think if they message you then you can reply. I will pay but am waiting till i'm registered :)