PDA

View Full Version : *fume*

Pudding Girl
07-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Why do they bother making appointments and then not turning up, would a phone call or even a text go amiss?? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Some people have no manners!! I was up at 6am making sure my paperwork was printed off for them too.:mad: :mad: :mad:
do they think we haven't anything better to do on a glorious day like today than wait in the house for you to turn up????

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh Lou that is really annoying and I would also be fumming

Do you have a contact number - could you call them ?

Hugs to you

Angel xx

Pudding Girl
07-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Yes I have a number but I am not calling them, I promised myself when I started I would not chase people about. I haven't the time or inclination. If they want me, they come to me, not the other way round. I don't want to look desperate! Also I don't want to work with parents with no manners.
I will put their name and number on my list of people not to care for in future! If they ring again, I will say very sweetly no because you didn't have the courtesy to phone and cancel last time :p

charleyfarley
07-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Yes Lou

It is totally annoying.

How would they feel if we went out when they were due to visit, sorry I'm in a bad mood :mad:

They could have a very good reason for not coming though and may phone you later.

Carol xx

crazybones
07-05-2008, 10:30 AM
You go girl - says me who is desperately hoping her 4.30 appt turns up. :D

charleyfarley
07-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Yes I have a number but I am not calling them, I promised myself when I started I would not chase people about. I haven't the time or inclination. If they want me, they come to me, not the other way round. I don't want to look desperate! Also I don't want to work with parents with no manners.
I will put their name and number on my list of people not to care for in future! If they ring again, I will say very sweetly no because you didn't have the courtesy to phone and cancel last time :p

You sound like me, I won't phone them either.

As you say if they want you they'll come to you, good luck anyway

Carol xx

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I always try not to call them and sometimes I dont

But I do if I need the job

Maybe something happened and they will call you sometime today to say sorry ? Hope so anyway

Angel xx

polobear1970
07-05-2008, 11:01 AM
I Have to say i agree with you, what really gets me even more is when they do turn up and then don't call to say there not going with you.
I have no problem with parent choosing to use another setting, but just ring and let me know (is that to much to ask ) :panic:

SimplyLucy
07-05-2008, 11:04 AM
I was fuming the other week about a parent not turning up for an appointment, after an hour I grabbed the phone to moan to a mate and realised I had an answerphone message!

whooooooops, teach me to moan, the mum had rung when I was on the playgroup run to apologise for not being able to come and could she make another appointment! :blush:

Alibali
07-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Hope there was a genuine reason and she calls back, I wouldn't call either, if they haven't the decency to call or cancel then I don't want their business anyway! (Unless I'm really skint:blush: )

Ali x

mrsbumbles
07-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Its just bad manners not to phone :angry: I hate bad mannered people :angry:

Who wants parents like that anyway :panic:

Hope someone really lovely comes along and you fill your spaces :thumbsup:

Blaze
07-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Manners don't cost anything!:angry:

...at least you found out now!:rolleyes:

hope your next enquiry are the sort of people you want to work with!:thumbsup:

susi513
07-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I hate it when they don't show. I also hate it that everybody is usually late. Sooooo R U D E :angry:

Sometimes I do ring up now. I say I was expecting them at xxx and that as they hadn't showed I was gettting worried in case they'd had a traffic accident en route to me....

Usually puts them on the spot a bit. Apart from the one whose number was unobtainable :angry: :angry:

If only we could copy my dentist and charge a fee for missing an appointment. :rolleyes:

disney
07-05-2008, 01:41 PM
some people are so rude i know what you mean .i have had this before you run around getting paper work sorted & tidying up ect and if you are anything like me get all worked up . and for what !":angry: hugs to you x

Mollymop
07-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Sorry they didn't turn up lou! It must be very annoying, as I know how it feels when you get all oyur house ready, paperwork done, so i can imagine how you must feel. X

disney
07-05-2008, 01:45 PM
if their is not a good reason why they didnt come or call you then i can only say they are not worth it and you are far better without them !some parents:
:angry: im sorry hun x

miffy
07-05-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree it's really rude to do that but you don't know if there is a genuine reason for not letting you know.

Hope they get in touch to explain

miffy xx

disney
07-05-2008, 01:48 PM
ok ive been in the sun to long have answered this once already :laughing: you see its had an impact on me made me mad x

miffy
07-05-2008, 01:49 PM
ok ive been in the sun to long have answered this once already :laughing: you see its had an impact on me made me mad x
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Never mind - we have to make the most of the sun whilst it's here - this week may be summer next week.....................who knows

miffy xx

miss muffit
07-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Good for you Lou i wouldnt ring them either, hopefully something better will turn up soon...it does make you really cross tho :angry:

Gherkin
07-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Yes I have a number but I am not calling them

Have to be honest I called someone as they were 20 mins late for an appointment and they were mortified that they had forgotton. They cam earound as soon as they could and their dd starts in June and contracts are all signed.

Spangles
07-05-2008, 11:20 PM
I would be the same and refuse to call them but then worry that I was cutting off my nose to spite my face! I do that sometimes with my stubborness!

I don't blame you for being angry, I'd be fuming too!

littlestar
07-05-2008, 11:31 PM
good for you they would only let you down at some point