PDA

View Full Version : So frustrating!

kellib
10-08-2011, 07:39 PM
I've been talking to a parent who needs childcare but unfortunately I can't provide it as her daughter attends a different school from my son and they finish within 5 minutes of each other. :rolleyes:

It would have been perfect as this other school is literally a 5 minute walk from my house (my son doesn't go there as it's not our catchment school, don't even ask me how they've figured that one out!) and would have broken me into childminding nicely.

Our schools go back next week so this parent is panicking she won't find anyone as there seems to be a massive shortage of childminders who pick up from this school. Told her to keep in touch and we could see if we could work something out but I really don't have a clue if we could in reality!

So frustrating!! Just had to rant :)

Mookins
10-08-2011, 07:43 PM
is there an after school club she could waitt with until you can et there?
that is frustrating for you both :(
xxx

kellib
10-08-2011, 07:48 PM
I did mention that possibility if she couldn't find anyone else, not sure if the school would agree to it though.

mushpea
10-08-2011, 08:06 PM
I visit two schools,, its a 5min walk inbetween and the 2nd school knows i do this and hangs on to the child for me,, is there anyway the school would hang on to either your son or the other child in their office or classroom untill you could get there? or alternativly would one school let a child out 5mins earlier so you can do both?

kellib
10-08-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm pretty sure my son's school wouldn't agree to let him out early and not really sure I'd want them to either, wouldn't want him singled out for 'special treatment' etc.

I think the best bet is to talk to the other school and see if something can be arranged if the parent can't find anyone else. I've sent her another message tonight asking if she's found anyone so will see what she says.

Goatgirl
10-08-2011, 08:14 PM
HI :),
How frustrating for you!

I do manage a 2 school run. The second school allow mindees to wait ina supervised indoor area untill I get there and the 1st school are pretty good about having mindees near the front of the queue to come out on time :).
If you ask Mum to speak to the school they may hang onto little one for a bit :thumbsup:

good luck :)

kellib
10-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm hoping she hasn't found anyone else now :D

Another thing I could do is speak to my auntie really really nicely, she's a childminder too and picks up from my son's school so she could grab him for 10 minutes and meet up me half way up the road.

Got all these ideas in my head now :laughing:

Tealady
11-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Another thing I could do is speak to my auntie really really nicely, she's a childminder too and picks up from my son's school so she could grab him for 10 minutes and meet up me half way up the road.

That sound the best option because if there's a hold up at the first school you're not panicing about the 2nd pick up so much

littletreasures
11-08-2011, 12:48 PM
It would solve things if your Auntie could help out, but you may still have problems if she doesn't need to go to the school for any reason.

I don't think it's fair on the child to leave school 5 minutes early every day.