PDA

View Full Version : Which Toys

Mamma4Ya
10-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I am starting to make a list of toys that I will need for when I get my registration so that I can budget for them. Is there set toys we have to have if so which ones and where will I get them?

sarah707
10-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Try a forum search for 'top 5 toys' or similar there are a few threads knocking about.

:D

linda2girls
10-08-2011, 08:48 PM
All the children here (aged from 10 months to 10 years) end up playing with the toy kitchen and toy food.

Linda.

jane5
10-08-2011, 10:59 PM
I go to charity shops and pick up any bargains that I find. I may not have a child in mind when I buy something but I probably will sometime in the future. I also buy bargains off ebay.

Greengrass74
11-08-2011, 06:10 AM
A must for us is pens, pencils, paints and lots of paper. We are fortunate than we have a good resource center near us which is great for us to get suff.

Puzzles are good as are treasure baskets with everyday items in, we visit lots of car boot sales which helps keep costs down

You don't need to spend a fortune on toys, it is all about how you play with what you have got, such as a cardboard box which will give the LO's hours of fun, wooden spoons and saucepans will also keep they amused for ages.

Regarding set toys, as long as you can show that you have an understanding of diversity and equality, such as differant multi cultural outfits, dolls, puzzles etc then you will be ok.

For us its all about using your imagination which doesn't need to cost a fortune.

Have fun and remember car boot and charity shops :thumbsup:

Tink
11-08-2011, 06:17 AM
I get a lot of my toys from friends, charity shops and car boot sales. I always make sure they are safe eg no broken or sharp bits before buying, I then give them a good clean and were ready to go :)
Don't spend a fortune on toys hun, have a look around and pick up a few bits from the places mentioned.

miffy
11-08-2011, 06:38 AM
I wouldn't spend out a lot on toys until you have some work lined up - you may buy things which are not appropriate for the age group.

Ask family and friends to save any outgrown toys for you and have a good rummage round charity shops and car boots, you can pick up some great bargains there.

Miffy xx

webbthomas
11-08-2011, 09:56 AM
http://www.toytalkawards.co.uk/
This is a useful website as it divides toys into different age categories.:)

Mamma4Ya
11-08-2011, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't spend out a lot on toys until you have some work lined up - you may buy things which are not appropriate for the age group.

Ask family and friends to save any outgrown toys for you and have a good rummage round charity shops and car boots, you can pick up some great bargains there.

Miffy xx

Just budgeting at the moment, I just wanted to find out if there were any specific toys we have to have. :)