PDA

View Full Version : How cheeky

BuggsieMoo
10-08-2011, 05:34 PM
A friend asked to look at my website as she is starting as a childminder and wanted to do one.I happily obliged. Anyway, her site is now live and some of it is copied word for word from my site! Wouldn't have minded if she had asked but she hasn't!! :angry:

pinkbutterfly
10-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Did you say anything? I know I would ...

Twinkle-Toes
10-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Oh no!!! Depends how good a friend she is but I would have to say something!!

As much as I come on here and ask/demand/beg/cry for help I would NEVER copy it word for word as I can appreciate the time and effort that has gone into it!

Do you think you will bring it up with her?

miffy
10-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Did you say anything? I know I would ...

Yes, I think I would too!

If you are in the same area then prospective parents may see both sites - they won't know which was the original!

Miffy xx

BuggsieMoo
10-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I have to admit that I did. I mentioned 'Oh I like your site - some of it looks really familiar - to which she responded, yes I know good isnt it!".

Don't think i'll be sharing anything else with her!

shazsull
10-08-2011, 06:36 PM
i love looking at peoples site s havent a clue how to build one ,but i definatly wouldnt do this let alone to a friend!!!

buildingblocks
10-08-2011, 06:58 PM
This happened tome with my policies and procedures when I started out I let my friend look at it and she asked me to proof read hers which was word for word all the way through even down to the policies where she stated she was a member of a forum I went on and wasn't Have to admit didn't correct anything in it when I proof read it I was very annoyed as most of my stuff had been 'borrowed'and adapted with permission from friends on a forum

marnieb
11-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Call her, and tell her she's broken your copyright of the wording, and that her site needs to be taken down asap.

Lazy so and so!!!!!

miffy
11-08-2011, 06:49 AM
I have to admit that I did. I mentioned 'Oh I like your site - some of it looks really familiar - to which she responded, yes I know good isnt it!".

Don't think i'll be sharing anything else with her!

Cheeky so and so!:eek:

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
11-08-2011, 08:02 AM
A friend asked to look at my website as she is starting as a childminder and wanted to do one.I happily obliged. Anyway, her site is now live and some of it is copied word for word from my site! Wouldn't have minded if she had asked but she hasn't!! :angry:

She is cheeky to copy I would be livid.

On a seperate note I have just had a look. I wouldn't personally put my full postal address or a map of where I was on an open web site being mindful of the fact I am working on my own most of the time with children.

Secondly I wouldn't put my holidays on an open web site either. Even if you never go away, these are days you house is more likely to be left empty because you go out for the day. I suspect your insurance company wouldn't be too impressed either, advertising this on an open site and you may find it could invalidate your insurance if something happened on one of those days.

Hope you don't mind me pointing this out.

BuggsieMoo
11-08-2011, 08:08 AM
She is cheeky to copy I would be livid.

On a seperate note I have just had a look. I wouldn't personally put my full postal address or a map of where I was on an open web site being mindful of the fact I am working on my own most of the time with children.

Secondly I wouldn't put my holidays on an open web site either. Even if you never go away, these are days you house is more likely to be left empty because you go out for the day. I suspect your insurance company wouldn't be too impressed either, advertising this on an open site and you may find it could invalidate your insurance if something happened on one of those days.

Hope you don't mind me pointing this out.

Not at all!

I've removed what you said. Would you mind giving it a look now and let me know?

Thanks

Lisa x

marleymoo
11-08-2011, 10:26 AM
something similar happened to me. A new parent came for a couple of visits, we went through contract, policies etc and I gave her a start date, welcome pack, etc. She even brought her husband, tribe of kids and her Mother! She never turned up on her start date, without any explanation whatsoever and...guess what...she became a registered childminder (just around the corner from me) - with all my policies and welcome pack ideas too! However, I am in a difficult position professionally because she is sometimes a learner in workshops that I deliver. Awkward doesn't come into it (for her that is) hehe. Karma;)

bluebell3
11-08-2011, 12:51 PM
How cheeky Lisa! - and Marleymoo - that is OUTRAGEOUS!! How does she look you in the eye?!! Perhaps one of your workshops should have a section on professional integrity and not stealing other people s ideas!!

BuggsieMoo
11-08-2011, 01:06 PM
How cheeky Lisa! - and Marleymoo - that is OUTRAGEOUS!! How does she look you in the eye?!! Perhaps one of your workshops should have a section on professional integrity and not stealing other people s ideas!!

Love it - thats a great idea :idea:

marleymoo
11-08-2011, 06:14 PM
now why didn't I think of that??
Still, have to turn the professional cheek I suppose. She daren't look me in the eye - that's the price she has to pay hehe

rickysmiths
11-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Not at all!

I've removed what you said. Would you mind giving it a look now and let me know?

Thanks

Lisa x

Hi there. Looks good. One typo on the contact page, there is only 1 n in 'in' not 2!!!

Another thought though. You link through to your Ofsted Report which means you are giving people your EYFS number. I never give this to anyone until they have signed a Contract and paid me a 4 weeks fees Deposit. If a parent asks to see my report, which I have a copy of in my parent folder minus number, or I am happy to send a copy with my number taken off. I have only been asked to do this 2 in 17yrs so it is not a major outlay.

BuggsieMoo
11-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Thank you - amended :blush: