PDA

View Full Version : Does any one get......................

jane5
10-08-2011, 04:59 PM
pains in their forearms?

I have been minding since December and push a double or triple buggy every day. For the past month or so I am getting really bad pains and wondered if this was due to pushing 2 or 3 toddlers.

Anybody else have the same?

Cammie Doodle
10-08-2011, 05:04 PM
My elbows hurt when I take on a new baby especially if I have had a bit of a break in between . Ok at the moment as I have had 3 in a row :laughing:

WibbleWobble
10-08-2011, 05:05 PM
i used to get pain in my hands and wrists pushing a jane powertwin....got a phil and teds with double kit.

i do get back pain (lower and upper) but this is because i have a very large 8 month old to carry about. i will get used to this as i did with the Los i have who have now grown into 2 year olds.

paracetamol. brufen and back rubs go down well chez parsleypetal

mandy xx

blue bear
10-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Sorry no I haven't, is it upper or lower arms, could it be you building muscles maybe?

miffy
10-08-2011, 05:27 PM
No, I've never had that - perhaps a trip to the docs to see what they advise?

Miffy xx

jane5
10-08-2011, 06:41 PM
i used to get pain in my hands and wrists pushing a jane powertwin....got a phil and teds with double kit.

i do get back pain (lower and upper) but this is because i have a very large 8 month old to carry about. i will get used to this as i did with the Los i have who have now grown into 2 year olds.

paracetamol. brufen and back rubs go down well chez parsleypetal

mandy xx

This may be a coincidence but I bought a jane powertwin about 3 months ago so I wonder if it is that.
Its on ebay as we speak as I have bought a phil and teds so I wonder if it will get better :rolleyes:

Its in my lower arms and hands and I have never had it before. I dont go to the doctors unless Im really ill so plenty of painkillers I think.

WibbleWobble
10-08-2011, 06:44 PM
This may be a coincidence but I bought a jane powertwin about 3 months ago so I wonder if it is that.
Its on ebay as we speak as I have bought a phil and teds so I wonder if it will get better :rolleyes:

Its in my lower arms and hands and I have never had it before. I dont go to the doctors unless Im really ill so plenty of painkillers I think.

ahhhh. i loved my powertwin BUT it hurt my wrists as i had two mahhhhoooooosive toddler boys in tandem. it would be ok going in a straight line but going round corners......aggghhhh

mandy xxxx

sarah707
10-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I have found my mothercare 3 wheeler has sorted out most of my arm pain... you also have to be careful how you sit at the computer, re-adjust your arms, shake them out regularly etc.

Read up on RSI and follow the tips online. Go to the doc if it gets worse.

I hope it improves for you :D

snufflepuff
10-08-2011, 08:52 PM
I get pains in my arms/ hands/ wrists when using my powertwin!!! I have two toddlers in it weighing over 30lb each. Don't use it as often as I used to though.

Excuse to buy a new buggy maybe??

Stormy
10-08-2011, 09:09 PM
I bought a new double pushchair about three years ago and within weeks started to get pains.
I can only use single or double with a flat handle, not umbrella style.
Even pushing a child in their own maclaren for a few metres starts it off again. Spent over a year under the hospital having hand therapy, wore splints in bed and supports in the day.
It's much better now but i do get flare ups especially if i do a lot of carrying.

angeldelight
10-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh I hurt everywhere

Sometimes my legs, sometimes my shoulders or arms or head ha ha

Maybe its just old age with me though :laughing:

Hope you get it sorted

Angel xx