PDA

View Full Version : Birol Fabric Crayons?

funemnx
10-08-2011, 04:33 PM
I bought some Birol Fabric Crayons to use for this afternoons activity. The instructions say to draw a design on paper, then iron face down onto the fabric (tea-towels).

It didn't work!! All I got were a few marks, sad faces all round :(

Has anyone else used these with success?

BuggsieMoo
10-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I use fabric pens which I got from Baker Ross for about £10. Kids draw straight onto item, iron it and then it is set. Happy faces all round. I also have crayons from there where you draw straight onto item.
Lisa x

funemnx
10-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Yep, got mine from Baker Ross - the instructions definately say to draw on paper first and then iron the paper.

Next time we'll just draw straight onto the fabric :thumbsup:

sandy64
10-08-2011, 05:32 PM
hi are they the wax crayons? i used those and they were very faint when ironed on t.shirts i went over lo designs with the crayon then put a peice of white paper over it and ironed it was much better:)

funemnx
10-08-2011, 05:41 PM
hi are they the wax crayons? i used those and they were very faint when ironed on t.shirts i went over lo designs with the crayon then put a peice of white paper over it and ironed it was much better:)

Yes they are the wax ones - will try that tomorrow - thanks!!

louise
10-08-2011, 08:33 PM
We have them and used them a week ago. I decided not to do the pics on paper as my ds wanted to do writing and to try and get him to reverse it would be a nightmare. The kids drawed straight on to the tshirts and then I used paper to iron them on. The white tops have turned out very well and ds has washed no problem. I done ds a top with his fave duck on. The top was baby blue but in places the yellow of the duck looks faded after one wash so I will go back over it.