PDA

View Full Version : eyfs

claire & steve
10-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Hi all
Can someone please explain or give me an example of how to link everything together to the 16 links plus the learning and development and should i have a child development part in my learning journey to show what stages the child has been through and is at or is that just extra work,:( this is so hard to get organise

sarah707
10-08-2011, 07:17 PM
You link a child's learning and development to the 6 areas in the development matters guidance to the Eyfs.

First you check the child's starting points by watching, listening, talking to parents etc... then you show how you are helping him to learn and develop.

the other sections of the principles into practice are there to lead your practice and to tell you how to work to the best of your ability.

Hth :D

claire & steve
10-08-2011, 08:17 PM
thanks sarah thats great help again,thank you

thats how i have been doing it.

Are learning journals meant to be so big mine are huge,i have had the same children from babies and their folder is full over the years,or should i be removing bits over time or am i putting in to much :)

khlwomitchell
10-08-2011, 08:58 PM
i have alot and only had baby 4 mths!!!! gonna have to start building a lockable shed for it all! feel bad about the trees quite often!