PDA

View Full Version : late fees??

mushpea
10-08-2011, 11:52 AM
if you have a late payment fee policy do you give parents a couple of days grace or do you impliment straight away, I am going to introduce an late payment fees policy of £2 per day if parents are late paying,, I was going to do this before but never got round to it,,,
Im not sure if its fair to charge straight away or wether to give 1 or 2 days grace

Mamma4Ya
10-08-2011, 12:50 PM
if you have a late payment fee policy do you give parents a couple of days grace or do you impliment straight away, I am going to introduce an late payment fees policy of £2 per day if parents are late paying,, I was going to do this before but never got round to it,,,
Im not sure if its fair to charge straight away or wether to give 1 or 2 days grace

Rules are rules, thats why you have these policies in place. Get the parents to sign that they have read and understand them. My policy will include £5 per day for late payments.

AliceK
10-08-2011, 01:09 PM
I used to be slightly lenient but then people take advantage and why should I have to wait to be paid late, so as of January I started to enforce my late payment policy. I require cleared funds in my bank (or cash to me if they prefer) on or by the 1st of the month, no excuses. I charge late fees from then if not. I've learnt the hard way to get tough over this. Unfortunately we live very much a hand to mouth existance at the moment and I NEED that money.

xxxx