PDA

View Full Version : Clothes...not clean....

SimplyLucy
07-05-2008, 07:11 AM
One of my mindees has turned up again today covered in breakfast and probably yesterdays tea.

I know I'm probably being over fussy and fortunatly it looks like it's going to be another nice day so I can take his jumper off in a mo.

Just want to get an opinion on something......For example, say your mindee turned up with yoghurt all down his coat, mum says "don't worry about his coat it's only yoghurt", what would you do?

I feel that if I'd sponged it down mum might have taken offence, but putting child in the coat doesn't seem very pleasent.

I thought it was going to be a one off, but doesn't seem to be.

I appreciate all our standards vary, would be a boring life if we were all the same, but I'm the one who has to go out and about with the children. :rolleyes:

wendywu
07-05-2008, 07:22 AM
No i would sponge it down. Just smile and say when she tells you its only yoghurt "o thats ok i will give it a quick sponge down and get it off for you" It is only the same as when a mindee arrives with breakfast all round its face you would wipe that. Sometimes we have to look after the whole family dont we:laughing:

crazybones
07-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Its usually my 8 year old who arrives at the school gate - goes to kiss me bye and I notice yoghurt/jam and all manner of stuff on his clothes and face that I have missed in the rush to get to school!

sarah707
07-05-2008, 07:26 AM
I would wipe the child / clothes down... I have been known to wash and dry clothes or put on spare set as soon as parent leaves.

If the child smells, I will shower them - I have it in my permissions that I might need to give them a wash.

When they are with me, it's my standards their clothes and hygiene are reflecting.

I don't do dirty children without good reason.

If parents object to my standards, they can go elsewhere... my house, my rules :D

SimplyLucy
07-05-2008, 07:30 AM
I have permission to bath and shower children too, always a handy one just incase.

I might have to use the excuse that I was putting a load of washing in and needed something to make a full load! If she doesn't like it then tough luck, I'll just act all sweet and innocent (I'm good at that!) and say that I though I was helping! :D

lindylou
07-05-2008, 07:35 AM
I would was the coat and clothes and put spare ones on whilst they are in the tumble dryer.
If the parent says anything say they spilt juice down them obviously depending on the age of the child and whether they can tell the parent.
Linx

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 08:26 AM
I would wipe them down

I have also washed their clothes and blankets etc - at the end of the day they are sitting in my house and on my furniture which is clean so therefore I dont want my home smelling - so I wash them

Angel xx

charleyfarley
07-05-2008, 08:46 AM
I used to have a child who constantly turned up dirty, normally covered in cigarette ash :eek:

As soon as he was dropped off he would be washed and changed into clothes I'd bought.

My hubby used to say I couldn't do this but he was in my house and on my furniture so yes I could.

I'm still the same and if a child gets dirty I always wash the clothes

Carol xx

Cazz
07-05-2008, 08:54 AM
I hadn't thought about putting permission to wash children in my policies but it's a good idea. When you say wash do you mean a shower (didn't think you would be allowed to do that though?) or just a wipe down with wipes or a flannel?

miffy
07-05-2008, 08:56 AM
I would sponge them down too or put on a spare set

miffy xx

SimplyLucy
07-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Cazz,

My permission form is for bathing/showering, I've only had to do it once when a 4 year old mindee had a particually nasty accident in his pants! But felt it would be useful if ever I get a baby mindee, I remember my darling children having poo up to their necks when they were tiny! A quick wash wouldn't help much if that happened!

I also have use of shallow paddling pool, and water play on the same form.

venus89
07-05-2008, 01:45 PM
So do you all have permissions for washing the clothes? Otherwise, what happens if it turns out they have an allergy to your washing powder?

SimplyLucy
07-05-2008, 01:49 PM
:rolleyes: Hadn't thought about that, however I do provide bibs and hand drying towels, and have been know to provide spare clothes in an emergency.....No parent has ever asked what brand of washing powder I use.

I guess if a child had an allergy you'd all ready know about that from all the other forms you have to ask a parent to fill in.