PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor blackboards & mirrors - any recommendations?

Mouse
09-08-2011, 09:19 PM
As the title says, I'm looking for an outdoor blackboard & mirrors and wondered if anyone had any recommendations.

Pixie dust
09-08-2011, 09:22 PM
made my own blackboard and mungai mirrors have some lovely things.

Mouse
09-08-2011, 09:26 PM
made my own blackboard and mungai mirrors have some lovely things.

Did you use the blackboard paint? We've got an outhouse with a wooden door & I'm wondering whether to just use the pain on that, or paint an MDF board & put that on.

Stormy
09-08-2011, 09:43 PM
I bought sheets of plywood then used primer on them, then 3 coats of blackboard paint, they are screwed to the brick wall.
I also have some mungai mirrors

Pixie dust
09-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Did you use the blackboard paint?

Well must confess hubby made it, he painted some wood(don't know what sort) with blackboard paint and it is fixed to the fence with hooks so I can move it.

Mouse
09-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks both. I think it looks like I should be able to make a blackboard myself and have seen some quite nice mirrors :thumbsup:

miffy
10-08-2011, 06:29 AM
This is my favourite site for outdoor mirrors, reasonably priced too.

http://www.sendmeamirror.com/category/Shatterproof_Mirrors/

Miffy xx

angeldelight
10-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Hubby made our own blackboard

We used blackboard paint - only get a little tin it does go a long way

Angel xx

Mouse
10-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Hubby made our own blackboard

We used blackboard paint - only get a little tin it does go a long way

Angel xx

Thanks for that Angel. I did think the tins looked quite small & wondered if I should buy a few!

Mouse
10-08-2011, 08:24 AM
This is my favourite site for outdoor mirrors, reasonably priced too.

http://www.sendmeamirror.com/category/Shatterproof_Mirrors/

Miffy xx

Ooh, some gorgeous things there :thumbsup:

Optimalstar
10-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi,

I've looked for blackboard paint in the past but struggled to find it. Where did you get yours from?

Sam x

Mouse
10-08-2011, 08:25 AM
I've seen it in Wilkinsons, Homebase & B&Q.

angeldelight
10-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Hi,

I've looked for blackboard paint in the past but struggled to find it. Where did you get yours from?

Sam x

We got ours from B&Q

If you go to the store online and put in chalkboard paint it should come up .... its in a spray can and is almost £8 - it takes 15 min to dry

Sorry the link would not work but if you check there you should see it

Angel xx

pinky33
10-08-2011, 09:38 AM
I got some safari outdoor mirrors in my 99p store they are fab,
Oh also got fairytale ones outside and seaside one under the childrens coat pegs.

So 15 for under £3

georgie456
10-08-2011, 12:00 PM
I bought sheets of plywood then used primer on them, then 3 coats of blackboard paint, they are screwed to the brick wall.
I also have some mungai mirrors

I did the same. I managed to find blackboard paint on Amazon for £4. They sent me an email once I had ordered it to say it was discontinued but the tin still turned up!

Optimalstar
10-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Must be just me. I looked in B&Q, although admittedly I didn't realise it was in a spray can.

Whilst we're on the subject of boards. Anyone know if you can get replacement white/wipe boards? I've a crayola art easel with white board one side and chalkboard the other. The whiteboard got ruined when my son's friends wrote on it with permanent marker. Removed that eventually but wipeboard pens don't wipe off as easily now.

Sam x

www.samanthachildminder.co.uk

Stormy
10-08-2011, 01:15 PM
The paint I bought was in a tin and was about £7 or £8 from my local diy store, I used the long skinny radiator roller from the pounds shop with the sponge rollers to apply it, then actually threw the spomge away rather than wash it.
It dried really quickly outdoors in the garden, I did 2 t the same time and by the time I had painted one the other was dry and ready for the next coat.

Mouse
10-08-2011, 01:18 PM
I've got a tin of blackboard paint from Wilko. Just under £6 for 500ml. I like the idea of using a roller to apply it :thumbsup: