PDA

View Full Version : In a complete panic!!!!

Mrs Dolphin
09-08-2011, 07:41 PM
I started my course on Monday (it is over 3 days this week and then I have 6 weeks to hand in the assignment). Half way through the course yesterday my phone rang and it was Ofsted phoning to arrange a visit to come and see me on Friday!!! I only sent my Ofsted forms off last Monday. On Saturday I recieved the forms to do the CRB but haven't sent them back yet. I did say to her on the phone that I haven't done my CRBs yet, but she said she can do the visit before. So whereas on the letter I recieved on Saturday it said the visit will be within 7 weeks it is actually in 3 days!!!! I am so not ready!! Can someone tell me what I need to have ready for the visit as I am completely freaking out. This is what I have....

Policies/procedures
Half my risk assesments done
2 examples of observations done on my own children.
I am in the process of filling in the preparing for your visit booklet (although I hadn't even looked at it until monday night)

How much of the EYFS do I need to know, I am slowly starting to get my head around some of it, but there is so much too it, is there any main points/parts that are most important.

Sorry this is a bit long, I am in a bit of shock to be honest lol, I never thought I would be getting a visit not even 2 weeks after sending my form in lol.

Thanks for your help.
Debsx

funemnx
09-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Easier said than done - try not to panic. I don't think you need everything all ready to go, just an idea of what you will be doing ISWM

Good luck! :thumbsup:

khlwomitchell
09-08-2011, 07:47 PM
poor you, i had my fisrt inspection, sef and my CYPOP5 to start in one week and freaked out a bit myself.

Pre reg is ok, she will guide you and help you. Never mind the observations, doean'y matter now, all you have done are perfect. If you haven't done it, tell her what you will do.

I had to put a film on my single pane glass, door lock, fence for garden etc but just told her i'd do it before i mind.

EYFS won't come into it. Safeguarding you will need to know, and welfare too, she will ask you to explain.
Safeguarding is about stopping physical harm, neglect, emotional abuse and sexual abuse.
Welfare, keeping happy and healthy, risk ass etc

Try not to worry. if worst comes to the worst, say you are on hols that week?! most of us have to wait months for pre-reg so it is actually a good thing!

miffy
09-08-2011, 07:49 PM
You're not expected to have everything in place so try not to worry.

Work your way through the booklet, that will help you focus on what the inspector is looking for.

Good luck

Miffy xx

kblake
10-08-2011, 06:54 AM
I had nothing in place when ofsted come to me. My mind went blank when she asked me various questions, literally every question she asked I didnt have an answer. I was so nervous and made a complete idiot of myself, but the lady was so nice and made me feel so relaxed, she just talked me through all the questions I couldnt answer, She showed me how she used to do obs and planning etc, I really dont know what I was getting so worked up about.
Good luck anyway, it will be fine.:)