PDA

View Full Version : Notice periods / Holidays

buzzy bee
09-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Please can someone help me work this out?

One of my mums has just given my notice but only for one of their days (Mondays).

So her last Monday - week 4 of the notice period (according to her) is 5th September, however I've just looked and as 29th August is a Bank Holiday and she's not coming to me then, that would make 12th September week 4, HOWEVER(!) she is on holiday that week, which means that 19th September would be week 4, AND this means that mum would need to pay for her holiday on 12th August.

Would you stick to the contract and charge her for those 2 extra days, or would you just be kind and stick with her date of 5th September?

She's still gonna be coming to me so I don't wanna really pee off mum but at the same time I don't want to be out of pocket!

miffy
09-08-2011, 07:45 PM
The four weeks notice should be four weeks paid notice so I would just have a word with mum and explain that you could accept 5th September as the last week of notice but only if she pays for Monday 29 August. I really wouldn't worry about the dates as long as you get 4 weeks money.

Miffy xx

buzzy bee
09-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks Miffy, that's a good way to look at it - very simple!! :thumbsup: