PDA

View Full Version : EYFS CD rom

JenJen2007
09-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi All

I had my regisatration visit today. Went quite well but I didn't have enough knowledge of the EYFS learning and development. :o She said it is well known that the CYPOP5 course doesn't cover it in enough detail...

She suggested that I tried to get hold of the EYFS CD Rom as that would really help me. Does anyone out there have a copy that they could please send me?

Many many thanks in advance.
Jen xx

Optimalstar
09-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I have as we were given a copy on the introduction to childminding course but I've already got on. However I think you can download everything still.

sam x

khlwomitchell
09-08-2011, 08:46 PM
i got one with my books on statutory and practice guidance. found it pointless as i prefer the books.

Practice is best.
Do a a4 sheet for observations, with a title of all the points, PD CD KUW etc and start using it against activity. when you realise you don't know if it matches a theme then look in your statutory guide. you will soon learn what they mean. Learning the abbreviations helps too.

Then pick the age of minding child and go through the practice guidance and read all they should be doing. keep reading through and write a few notes. once you get it it is easyish.
manual labour, no quick fix really.

JenJen2007
10-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Thank you guys x