PDA

View Full Version : advertising and promotion?

bluebell3
09-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi just wondered where the best place to post re advertsising and promotion was? I have a few questions and figured minding chat would probably be the best bet but is there a separate section for it?

Pauline
09-08-2011, 04:46 PM
There is a section for advertising your vacancies if that is what you mean?

If you go to the front main page of the Forum and scroll down you will see all the different sections listed, vacancies are in the "Around the Regions" section. :thumbsup:

bluebell3
10-08-2011, 06:39 AM
oh thanks - i meant i want to ask how people best promote their business - theres advertising but also promotion like local paper articles. I want to ask about car signage, embroidered clothing. i wanted some advice on lots of different options - like what do people find works? how much does it cost? wheres best to go? whats the core information you need to put on? also do people find it effective having a business name rather than just using their on name - does it enable the childminder to 'stand out' and if this is so how do you go about it? - do you just start calling yourself this or does i have to be notified to ofsted or on your registration certificate? as you can see i have lots of different questions so wasn't sure of it would just go under minding chat or whether there was a more appropriate area for advertising and promotion topics. I find it quite hard to find relevant topics due to the sheer volume of postings on the forum and worry i'm repeating other posts!!! I'm sure i saw a thread where personalised tops was being discussed but i couldn't find it again!

miffy
10-08-2011, 06:51 AM
This thread might help you

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40325

Miffy xx

Pauline
10-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Ah I see, probably the best place would be Minding Chat, that is for any general childminding questions, I can move this post there for you to say you having to start over again.

Don't worry too much about it, if you ever post in the wrong place, we can always move it, no worries :) :thumbsup:

JCrakers
10-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Ive always thought about some sort of a badge or something on clothing as when Im at toddler groups etc. a lot of people are surprised to find out I'm a minder and think i'm Mum.

Becky x

bluebell3
11-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks for moving this Pauline! I might start another question though as there is quite a few different questions going on there!!!
I agree Bex - lots of mums know me because of my own children at school pick up and so on and know I work elsewhere so even people I know are surprised when I say I am childminding as well! I'm going to get a couple of t-shirts done for me and see how that goes. If it goes ok I will get some hoodies or fleeces for the winter.
I'll probably just put on my childminding name and my logo - is there anything else I should put on there? and is it ok to just have it as a small logo on the front or has anyone tried having a bigger logo on the back? if so how has this worked?