PDA

View Full Version : Staying overnight

Stanfield
06-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Hi,
Does anyone mind children overnight?
I had thought of offering this service, say if the parents wanted a big night out, or were going away for the weekend when it would be unsuitable to take their child with them etc... I would be happy to do this, as I dont think it would happen that often, and it would earn me some more pennies...
If anyone does this...how much do you charge? Do you charge per hous, or give a fixed rate for the night / weekend?

Thanks, Lucy

mrsb
06-05-2008, 09:28 PM
I used to do it but stopped when it wasn't needed any more. I used to charge full fee until the child went to bed then £10 for the overnight bit then full fee from when they get up in the morning :)

sarah707
06-05-2008, 09:29 PM
You need overnight registration... not sure about insurance, you'd have to check that one... I know there are rules about smoke alarms as well.

I'd suggest giving Ofsted a call tomorrow and checking it out so you know exactly what's involved...

08456 404040 :D

wendywu
06-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I am registered for ovenight care for two children. On the odd time i have done it i charge £25.00 for the night 8pm to 8am ( same price for one or two children) Then £4.00 per child either side of that outside of normal contracted hours.:)

twinkle3005
07-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi

I have overnight care included in my registration. I charge £30 per night 7pm to 9.am. Normal rate either side of this. Jo xx

Stanfield
07-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the info...
Those of you that do it, is it in demand? How often is your service needed?
Somebody mentioned insurance etc, are there extra costs for setting up for night stays?
I have a meeting next week with my local CIS / EYDCP so can get exact details then, but just wondering what everyone else does?

susi513
09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm not registered for overnight care myself but its usually a fixed set fee.

Remember this is overtime as its usually on top of your usual days work, so it would normally be dearer than booking a whole day. Common charge is £45-50 ish, I would include breakfast but charge extra if dinner required too. Highest fee I heard of was £70.

Even though children may sleep much of the night, some won't sleep well in a different house. Some may be used to getting up much earlier than you usually do, too. Especially those of us who's children are older! And you probably won't sleep well either - being on the alert.

So don't price yourself too low.