PDA

View Full Version : i'm leaving ....what do i do?

kelly76x
06-05-2008, 08:20 PM
i've been registered since november and i only have 1 little boy on my books unfortuntly hes only during school holidays. i have tried to hang in there as long as i can, believe me but the finances are at breaking point and putting a strain on my marriage so i have had no choice but to throw in the towel and this morning i was offered a fulltime position at my local sure start building which i have accepted. the thing is i dont actually want to give up my registration so i wondered what i should do. i havent been inspected yet as they rang 1 month ago and i explained the situation and said i would not be minding til the 6 weeks she said we'll check on you later. so should i phone them and tell them about the job and explain i wanna stay registered on the of chance i might get some work from this job, also if i'm working but remain registered but not minding do i still have to have everything in place ie, stair gates, first aid kit fire extinguisher. also i was thinking of putting stuff out my purple took kit on ebay that i hadent used like the accident book ect but if i'm still registered i presume they have to stay in the house? sorry i know it's a lot of questions.

donnahay0
06-05-2008, 08:26 PM
I don't know the answer - the only thing I could suggest is to ring Ofsted - once you have paid your membership fee it should last for a year anyway.

What I wanted to say was how sorry I am to hear that you have had to give up - for the timebeing - let's hope it is only temporary and things will pick up - September time is usually good when the young ones start school.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

sarah707
06-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I would contact Ofsted... I do know that if you give up your registration, you will have to totally start from scratch again if you want to mind in the future... also if you got a start-up grant they might want it back.

Congratulations on the job! :D

Heaven Scent
06-05-2008, 08:38 PM
You dont sound totally committed to giving up so I would just keep everything in place and don't say anything to Ofsted until you know for sure what you are doing and see how your job goes. Just hold tight and don't cancel anything because once done it will be difficult to undo. Ofsted won't be in touch with you until close to the 6 wk holidays so take down any stair gates etc etc. you only need these in place if you have mindees that require them for their safety.

Remember lots of minders mind p/t and work p/t and ofsted are only interested in your minding.

Take this opportunity to enjoy your time in your new post in the sure start centre and perhaps you may pick up some mindees from it.

Also I hope you will accept my congratulations on being offered the job.

Alibali
06-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Don't know about ofsted, but care commission allow you to stay on register as non practising for a while incase you want to go back to it. Give them a call and ask.

Ali x

brillminder
06-05-2008, 08:57 PM
keep your options open

miffy
06-05-2008, 09:06 PM
I can't see any reason why you can't keep your registration going for a while

Congratulations on your new job

miffy xx

Banana
06-05-2008, 09:44 PM
You can keep your registration.

You will just have to have ofsted inspect you as required, if you havnt got any children present the highest grade you will get is satisfactory but thats is still good and you can keep your registration.

good luck with the new job BTW - and well done!
x

cuddlybunny38
07-05-2008, 09:03 PM
keep your registration as if you want to go back into it it takes ages as you have to go through it all again, i gave up over 2 years ago and have just started again and it took 3 months to reregister, just ask ofsted what you need to leave in place.

Pauline
07-05-2008, 09:39 PM
New rules are coming in with EYFS, you can keep your registration open for 3 years without having children on roll. After that you are removed.

So it gives you the change to consider your options. I wouldn't give up your registration now because you would have to start again if you changed your mind.

As regards stair gates etc. if you have no children on roll then you don't have to have the safety equipment up etc.

:)

Tatia
08-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Kelly, what will you be doing for Surestart? That sounds brilliant, in my opinion. But I agree, keep your options open with regards to childminding, if that's what you really want to do.

miss muffit
08-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi I wouldnt give your registration up not yet anyway, I would see how the job goes good luck :)

kelly76x
13-05-2008, 05:23 PM
sorry i havent replied my wonderful 3 year broke my laptop and had to send it off for repair :angry:

i'm glad i can keep my registration open as it is something i would like to come back to if given the chance. so can i be open with ofsted and tell them i'm working but want to keep it open?

as for sure start i will be a nursery officer i have worked there before as an agency nurse and really enjoyed it so i am looking forward to being part the team just upset as it wil probally mean missing the kids sports days which was the whole reason i became a childminder so i could be closer to my kids. i dont wanna ask as i've already had to ask for holidays to be honoured and i dont wanna push bein the newbie. lol