PDA

View Full Version : Yay and then...not yay

JCrakers
08-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi all,

Ive got two mindees leaving for school soon and I havent had a phonecall since Nov. :panic:
On Friday i replied to an advert on gumtree about a lady looking for a full time nanny for her little one. She said she would love to meet as she would also consider a childminder and has looked at my website and loved it. :clapping: I replied back with some times I am free and am still waiting for her to get back to me.
I get all excited until I look on childcare.co.uk and find her profile...she lives abut 20mins drive away from me so thats too far..Shes not gonna want to drive all the way here every morning. :angry:

Becky

snufflepuff
08-08-2011, 03:24 PM
You never know, she might work somewhere near you, or might have to drive past yours to get to work? Stay positive! Hope it all works out x

mummyMia
08-08-2011, 04:06 PM
I agree, I had a mum come and see me who lives a 20 min drive away and works a 10 min drive away but I happen to be on the route. She thought the location was really good:)

JCrakers
09-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Thanks :blush: Its hard to stay positive after 9months of no phonecalls...

No reply yet :(
Becky x

maryp0ppins
09-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks :blush: Its hard to stay positive after 9months of no phonecalls...

No reply yet :(
Becky x

Hi Becky,

Put this to the back of your head & advertise locally.....I bet you something will come along soon :thumbsup:

MaryP

lauredt
10-08-2011, 06:31 AM
I have a family who have moved 30 mns away and parents don't work anywhere near me but they still want to send their little one here because I am The One. If you are their perfect match, the extra time spent driving might not be an issue.

miffy
10-08-2011, 06:34 AM
I have looked after children who lived over 30 minutes drive away but I was on their route to work - the only downside of this is you lose the children when they start school.

Good luck, I hope she comes back to you soon

Miffy xx

Pauline
10-08-2011, 07:16 AM
I once looked after a child who lived an hours drive away. The parent worked local to me and wanted the child close in case of emergency, rather than have to drive a long way to get to them. :thumbsup:

Like Miffy says though, you lose the child when they start school.

JCrakers
10-08-2011, 07:35 AM
:clapping: Thanks everyone....she's coming later to see me :clapping:

I think if I can get her in through the door and she can see my wonderful playroom and all the work I do it will be in the bag! Heres hoping...lol

I think if I was too far away she wouldnt be coming so Im feeling more positive today....and I'll keep you posted.

Ive also got my 'little screamer' revisiting. She started last Oct but screamed for 8weeks solid (8hrs out of the 10hrs I had her,4 days a week) she came last friday but spent a lot of the time crying but it was more managable as shes now 18m.

I'll see how that goes this morning as to whether I take her back on for the two days they are wanting. If she spends most of the time crying then it will be a NO :D

Becky x

PS Pauline...she loved my website so now she knows a lot about me before she arrives which is good !!!! xx

shelly2012
10-08-2011, 07:41 AM
fingers crossed xx

Mamma4Ya
10-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Hope all goes well for you :)

Rubybubbles
10-08-2011, 08:05 AM
fingers crossed for you hun xx