PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for 8 year old

Ant_h18
08-08-2011, 02:33 PM
we have two 8 years olds just started, need so ideas in what to do !!!!????

mushpea
08-08-2011, 05:14 PM
lego, action figures, bratz, hama beads, cooking, marble run, zoobs, puzzles, board games, junk modeling, role play/dressing up, remote control cars, hoola hoops, football, basket ball, drawing, building bloks

am sure there are more but now have brain freeze:laughing: ,, also parks and outings are good to help pass the time.

Goatgirl
08-08-2011, 07:12 PM
soft play; sewing crafts, make a paper kite and then fly it, decorate biscuits, make their own sandwich/pizza (toppings on bread) and eat it on a picnic near a park, set challenges like can you hoola hoop whilst counting backwards from 20?! hop on one leg x times ....small world and construction; roads, cars and train tracks, dvd at the end of the day if they're really well behaved, achievement charts with stickers whenever they do the slightest wonderful thing, um....squirty/spray bottles in the garden, chalk drawing on the path/patio/driveway, visit the library and choose book/dvd, nature walk with nature detectives 'spot things' list...... let them take digital pictures, use binoculars, torches if you have them.. er, choose a stick to bring home and wrap it with insulation tape, make a den or obstacle course,

wii or xbox: guitar hero is good fun and sport, racing or 'party' games

This is pretty much what i'm cramming into my week to be able to survive a lively 7 1/2 yr old who spent most of last week asking when she could go home (how many hours now? :rolleyes: ) and 'what are we doing now?' every 10 minutes or so.... :eek:

good luck: 2 the same age should be waaay easier :thumbsup:

Happy Bunny
08-08-2011, 07:54 PM
my 8 year olds love Hama beads, cooking, lego.
Wii dance is a fav as well.
I usually ask them what they would like to do and go from there.

Ant_h18
09-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Thank you all i have lots of ideas now :) :)